Things I've learned

Beefy

Worst gambler ever
Unique things about Hawaii:

-Spam, the meat, is huge. Its everywhere.

-There are no pork sandwiches, only "pig" sandwiches

-No shoes in a home, ever

-Shower at night before bed, rather than in the morning

-Not recycling is a cardinal sin

-Nobody gives a shit what you drive, at all

-UH football is more important than anything that has ever existed in the universe

-There can never be enough ABC stores

-Hana Bay Rum supercedes all other rums

-Hawaiian Shirts are called "Aloha Shirts"

-Howzit.

-The shaka replaces the wave

-Eddia Aikau is God

But you forgot.........

Mainlanders not welcome!
Howlees go home!
The Big Kahuna Rocks!
The Little Kahuna drinks too much only hangs five!:D
Mobetta bruddah'

Last edited:
Mainlanders not welcome!
Howlees go home!
The Big Kahuna Rocks!
The Little Kahuna drinks too much only hangs five!:D

I've been pretty welcomed here, but there are areas on the Island that are not really considered safe for the haoles, mainly the west coast of the Island.

I haven't heard the "haole go home" yet, but I've only driven through the west side of the Island once.

The Big Kahuna is pretty cool, I got twisted there a few weeks ago and damned near picked up a hooker, but thought better of it.

Do they call you a howlee?

Sometimes, but its not always considered derogatory. My roommate is a local, and she sometimes refers to me as "haole". But out here, there are many different contexts for Hawaiian words.

Golly gee...........

there's this amazing new invention called airplanes, that allows one to hop around the islands at will.

over the vets head again...The big Island is home of the 7th fleet...I don't think beefy wants to compete with sailors on shore leave...takes way mo money!

LOL..............

I've been pretty welcomed here, but there are areas on the Island that are not really considered safe for the haoles, mainly the west coast of the Island.

I haven't heard the "haole go home" yet, but I've only driven through the west side of the Island once.

The Big Kahuna is pretty cool, I got twisted there a few weeks ago and damned near picked up a hooker, but thought better of it.

don't spell it clinical...spell it like they say it...howlee'...ya the 'Big Kahuna' is once in a lifetime experience...for sure stay away from the hookers...ya won't get laid but ya may get taken by the girls big Kahuna BF!...!

don't spell it clinical...spell it like they say it...howlee'...ya the 'Big Kahuna' is once in a lifetime experience...for sure stay away from the hookers...ya won't get laid but ya may get taken by the girls big Kahuna BF!...!

That's how haole's pronounce it "howlee", but the locals pronounce it hao leh.

Good mai tais at the Big Kahuna.

Exactly...........

That's how haole's pronounce it "howlee", but the locals pronounce it hao leh.

Good mai tais at the Big Kahuna.

are you a native...el beefy...the 'LittleKahuna'

Mai tais are cool...a really good get the girl drink..lotsa little umbrellas and such...are you limp wristed now el beefy...the locals do the beer route!:cof1:

are you a native...el beefy...the 'LittleKahuna'

Mai tais are cool...a really good get the girl drink..lotsa little umbrellas and such...are you limp wristed now el beefy...the locals do the beer route!:cof1:

I'm pretty much a beer and bourbon guy. But an occasional mai tai topped with 151 can hit spot.

I pronounce it "howlee" because I feel like a poser if I try to pronounce it the way the locals do.

Back