This evening 76 years ago, my uncle drove a glider through the skies to Normandy

good for you....that means you must have voted Republican somewhere along the line, since the Demmycunts have only elected two presidents since 1980 and both of those won because they weren't George Bush......as for not having a problem when your candidate doesn't win, you apparently don't read your own posts, because you whine like every other Demmycunt who posts here.......

The very first time I voted was for President Nixon. But then, I realized that Republicans were fucking liars, cheaters, and crooks.

I have voted Democrats ever since! AND DAMN PROUD OF IT!

And the best tribute to the ones who served and died and are buried in foreign soil fighting Fascism is to fight it here and now just as we are doing with this uprising.

Fighting the alt right fascism here of Trump and the rage-filled Trump Determined Supporters is as every bit as important as fighting the Nazis and the fascists in WWII. The President and his people want to take over this country and end civil liberties.

you are proud of the Carter presidency?.......that's pretty sad, you know........

You idiot! Jimmy Carter is 10x the man Donald Trump is. And 100x the president!

Jimmy Carter didn't make up some Bone Spur excuse to dodge the draft! He was a Lieutenant in the Navy and Nuclear engineer!

And he was also a beloved president even though he had a bunch Right-Wing assholes like you criticizing things that were far and beyond his control.

What is sad are you Right Wing idiots that try to hang some negative title on him that is way off the mark and fucking pathetic.

For two days now I have binge watched programs, movies and documentaries on D-Day. It leaves me with nothing but respect and gratitude for all those involved. It also leaves me with a resolve to carry on the fight against fascism. The biggest threat to freedom I see is in the WH. Now, I understand DT is very dedicated and extremely effective and focused. The problem is that he is focused on the wrong things. Wealth and power of the super-rich. Extreme wealth inequality is absolutely going to destroy the freedom that was fought for on D-Day. We have got to find a way to get rid of him and to make greater opportunity available to all segments of our society.

I wish the left and the right could make a deal.

Let us band together in a fight for a common goal, then we can resume settling our differences.

The common enemy to both sides is extreme wealth inequality and the corruption of government by big money. Big money has far too much control over government, and it purposely divides the left and the right, gets the two sides polarized and thus paralyzed and unable to fight the power of big money. The left and the right need to unite against the common enemy of corruption, then and only then settle our differences, when we actually have something to fight over. Until we can do this, we have been and remain divided and conquered and will continue to be ineffective in attaining anything meaningful. It is time to move beyond this impasse.

The fight over racism is strongly linked to the fight of rich vs poor.

The Floyd moment could be a tipping point if we approach it wisely.

This night 76 years ago, my uncle drove a glider through the skies to Normandy. He landed safely, amazingly, and off the paratroopers went to find the bad guys. Uncle reported to the field CP for orders, and was given three prisoners to guard in a foxhole for the rest of the night. He said he was more scared of them then bringing in the glider. He said he was so glad he did not shoot them and run away. He glided at Arnhem and at the Rhine as well.

He stood 5' 41/2" and weighed 135 pounds. He is still my hero.

His sister and brother (my mom and uncle - who was in training when the war ended) are heroes, too. She lost a fiance in the skies over Italy. So are my dad and stepdad, respectively, both fighting in the Pacific.

Never forget.

That was the greatest generation you should be proud of their efforts. :good4u:

This night 76 years ago, my uncle drove a glider through the skies to Normandy. He landed safely, amazingly, and off the paratroopers went to find the bad guys. Uncle reported to the field CP for orders, and was given three prisoners to guard in a foxhole for the rest of the night. He said he was more scared of them then bringing in the glider. He said he was so glad he did not shoot them and run away. He glided at Arnhem and at the Rhine as well.

He stood 5' 41/2" and weighed 135 pounds. He is still my hero.

His sister and brother (my mom and uncle - who was in training when the war ended) are heroes, too. She lost a fiance in the skies over Italy. So are my dad and stepdad, respectively, both fighting in the Pacific.

Never forget.

My Uncle was B-17 co-pilot during The War and his plane was shot down over Austria a couple of months after D-Day. He served the rest of the war as a POW where he was miraculously saved at the proverbial last moment from being executed for attempting to escape.

After the war he was a manager at a small municipal airport In Auglaize county Ohio. He also provided class room instruction on instrument flying. One of his students was a teen age Neil Armstrong.

Last edited:
Hello Mott,

My Uncle was B-17 co-pilot during The War and his plane was shot down over Austria a couple of months after D-Day. He served the rest of the war as a POW where he was miraculously saved at the proverbial last moment from being executed for attempting to escape.

After the war he was a manager at a small municipal airport In Auglaize county Ohio. He also provided class room instruction on instrument flying. One of his students was a teen age Neil Armstrong.

Wow, Mott. Thanks for sharing that very personal story. And I am indebted to your Uncle and his compatriots for all they did. We all are. Our country is better off because of him. His efforts were just as important and every bit as crucial as those who fought at Normandy. And it's pretty cool he got to teach a future astronaut. Much appreciation!

Hello Mott,

Wow, Mott. Thanks for sharing that very personal story. And I am indebted to your Uncle and his compatriots for all they did. We all are. Our country is better off because of him. His efforts were just as important and every bit as crucial as those who fought at Normandy. And it's pretty cool he got to teach a future astronaut. Much appreciation!

Thanks. I was born in Neil Armstrong’s home town of Wapakoneta. My Grandparents lived on the same street as his parents and attended the same Church. My late Aunt was a Bridesmaid at his sisters June’s wedding.

Hello Mott the Hoople,

Thanks. I was born in Neil Armstrong’s home town of Wapakoneta. My Grandparents lived on the same street as his parents and attended the same Church. My late Aunt was a Bridesmaid at his sisters June’s wedding.

Right on. What a great legacy. That's very cool. Nice to have such connections to history, eh?

Back