This man is very talented

major problem with light perspective..apparently a different sun is shining on the house versus the one shining on the tree.....

that would not create a shadow on the side of the tree facing the sun......
The sun is behind the boat. You can't see the side of the tree/house that's facing the sun. Also, the light color on the tree trunk is meant to illustrate age. Either a dead vine, or dead wood/roots.

The sun is behind the boat. You can't see the side of the tree/house that's facing the sun. Also, the light color on the tree trunk is meant to illustrate age. Either a dead vine, or dead wood/roots.

PiMP is an old curmudgeon who finds fault with just about everything!

sigh.....the shadow is on the left side of the tree.....the shadow is on the right side of the house......the sun is behind the boat......that makes a third sun I hadn't even considered......

sigh.....the shadow is on the left side of the tree.....the shadow is on the right side of the house......the sun is behind the boat......that makes a third sun I hadn't even considered......
You can't even see the right side of the house. And I already told you that the sun reflects off of the water, no matter where it is. Why is there a shadow on this side of the boat, if if the sun isn't behind the boat?

And why can't you appreciate beauty? Does someone have to tell you if something is beautiful? I have a lot of customers like you. They need to be told if a color is 'right'.

You can't even see the right side of the house. And I already told you that the sun reflects off of the water, no matter where it is. Why is there a shadow on this side of the boat, if if the sun isn't behind the boat?
as I said before, sun reflecting off the water does not create a shadow on the sun's side of things....
And why can't you appreciate beauty? Does someone have to tell you if something is beautiful? I have a lot of customers like you. They need to be told if a color is 'right'.

lol....so they don't appreciate beauty if they haven't chosen what YOU think is right?.....

on the wall of my office I have a painting done by my father after he was 70, of the farm I grew up on.....in my bedroom I have the first picture he ever painted, at the age of 16, for his mother....I think both are beautiful even though they are quite different in quality and style......other people have appreciated his art enough to buy his pictures.....Oprah Winfrey owns one of his paintings of a Madison County IA bridge........

the guy in question has talent.....watercolor is a difficult medium.......I can honestly say though that while I do not consider myself talented enough to produce marketable art, using charcoal and pencil, I could reproduce the picture in this video without the errors I have pointed out......

as I said before, sun reflecting off the water does not create a shadow on the sun's side of things....

lol....so they don't appreciate beauty if they haven't chosen what YOU think is right?.....

on the wall of my office I have a painting done by my father after he was 70, of the farm I grew up on.....in my bedroom I have the first picture he ever painted, at the age of 16, for his mother....I think both are beautiful even though they are quite different in quality and style......other people have appreciated his art enough to buy his pictures.....Oprah Winfrey owns one of his paintings of a Madison County IA bridge........

the guy in question has talent.....watercolor is a difficult medium.......I can honestly say though that while I do not consider myself talented enough to produce marketable art, using charcoal and pencil, I could reproduce the picture in this video without the errors I have pointed out......
And therein lies the problem.

There is no 'right' in art.

Oprah Winfrey?? Surely she is a liberal!

so was my father....he was an NFO activist.....people used to drive by our farm and shoot holes in the sign he had hanging on the fence....

Back