Three or more eggs a week increase your risk of heart disease and early death, study

Great question. Ask IQ64, McSlawber and trashcan5.
Actually I can link you to trashcan5's explanation which BTW got her banned from APP for a long time.
Basically the same as IQ64 and McSlawber on DCJ. Essentially it goes like this for those three - they claim that blacks only have a diet of chitlins, fried chicken and Skittles. Advocating a diet of raw fruits, veggies and fish is therefore racist, according to them.

I smell exaggeration, sorry. There's nothing racist about pointing out that plenty of non-white groups -- blacks, Native Americans, Hispanics, for example -- start having rates of heart disease, cancer, hypertension, and diabetes far higher than whites when they consume the typical American diet.

Great question. Ask IQ64, McSlawber and trashcan5.
Actually I can link you to trashcan5's explanation which BTW got her banned from APP for a long time.
Basically the same as IQ64 and McSlawber on DCJ. Essentially it goes like this for those three - they claim that blacks only have a diet of chitlins, fried chicken and Skittles. Advocating a diet of raw fruits, veggies and fish is therefore racist, according to them.
I remember that.

People seem to miss the obvious cause of death. Statistically, 100% of those who die previously breathed. Stamp it out!

This is all fake news. Eggs do not cause you an early death

Genetics and inactivity cause an early death

If you are genetically predisposed to high cholesterol, then there isn’t much you can do.

Also there is some science suggesting that the whole focus on high cholesterol as a predictor of cardiovascular mortality is wrong.

It is amazing what sheep people are

Say one of Trump's sheep

. I smell exaggeration, sorry.
No problem. I understand. It's pretty hard to believe but that's why I bring it up occasionally. I'll never let them live it down.
There's nothing racist about pointing out that plenty of non-white groups -- blacks, Native Americans, Hispanics, for example -- start having rates of heart disease, cancer, hypertension, and diabetes far higher than whites when they consume the typical American diet.
Who said it was?
You missed the point completely. They claim it's racist to advocate a healthy diet . Go figure.

Last edited:
No problem. I understand. It's pretty hard to believe but that's why I bring it up occasionally. I'll never let them live it down. Who said it was?
You missed the point completely. They claim it's racist to advocate a healthy diet . Go figure.

I guess I'll have to see some of their posts to understand.

No problem. I understand. It's pretty hard to believe but that's why I bring it up occasionally. I'll never let them live it down. Who said it was?

I missed all that. Did you start the thread, I'd like to read it.

(CNN)It's been debated for years: Are eggs good or bad for you? People who eat an added three or four eggs a week or 300 milligrams of dietary cholesterol per day, have a higher risk of both heart disease and early death compared with those who eat fewer eggs, new research finds.

"Eggs, specially the yolk, are a major source of dietary cholesterol," wrote Victor Zhong, lead study author and a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Preventive Medicine at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago. In a study published Friday in the medical journal JAMA, he and his colleagues noted that a single large egg contains about 186 milligrams of cholesterol.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/15/health/eggs-cholesterol-heart-disease-study/index.html

heart-attack-cartoon.png

Oh, for Pete's sake.

First eggs are good for you.

Then they were bad for you.

Then they were good for you again.

Now they're bad for you again.

I eat one jumbo sized egg per day, almost every day. Been doing so for about two years now.

My total cholesterol is well below 200 and my hdl/ldl ratio is well within the target range.

My triglycerides are a little high, but not dangerously so.

So now I guess I'll switch to Egg Beaters.

Whatever.

Back