Time for a new national pastime?

Is baseball the real national pastime?

• Total voters
Is baseball the real national pastime?

Fuckin A right it is. Only some unpatriotic commie pinko bastard would suggest other wise.

No way is it Football. The sport that demonstrates the two worst characteristics of America. Violence punctuated by committee meetings.

Basketball is largely an urban winter sport. It aint the national pastime.

NASCAR? Fat fuck rednecks in taxi cabs the national past time? Don't make me laugh. The highest level of NASCAR should be called "The Vagina Cup" cause the lame bastards keep getting fucked by a big Johnson!

No sport in our nation truly brings together families and generations like baseball does. It is the one and only true American Past Time. No sport in this country comes close to baseball in terms of sheer numbers when you combine those who actually participate in the sport and as a spectator sport.

Last edited:
NCAA Football is our national pastime. Baseball is the best way to put someone to sleep. Only golf is more boring to watch. Only math majors lie baseball.

I played baseball for six years, and the only person worse than me on this site at math is Dixie.

Also, more people watch NFL than NCAA...

I played baseball for six years, and the only person worse than me on this site at math is Dixie.

Also, more people watch NFL than NCAA...

More people doesn't make it right. If you want proof, George W. was elected president. Twice!

Playing baseball is a totally different thing. I loved playing, just can't stand to watch.

More people doesn't make it right. If you want proof, George W. was elected president. Twice!

Playing baseball is a totally different thing. I loved playing, just can't stand to watch.

But that's just it. It's not about sitting on your fat ass and watching. It's about playing too and the numbers who play all the variants of baseball just completely swamps Football and baseball rivals fooball in viewership as a spectator sport so when you add the two together baseball just walks away and leaves football behind.

I mean football is a very passionate game but it also has a lot of flaws. The lack of flow and pace, the violence, the way it's officiated. etc.

I've seen a lot of exciting football games but I've never seen a football game that was a work of art and poetry in motion like it was last fall when Hallady threw his no hitter against my Reds. You may have found that boring but I was entranced by the artistry and mastery of his performance. You never see that in Football.

But that's just it. It's not about sitting on your fat ass and watching. It's about playing too and the numbers who play all the variants of baseball just completely swamps Football and baseball rivals fooball in viewership as a spectator sport so when you add the two together baseball just walks away and leaves football behind.

I mean football is a very passionate game but it also has a lot of flaws. The lack of flow and pace, the violence, the way it's officiated. etc.

I've seen a lot of exciting football games but I've never seen a football game that was a work of art and poetry in motion like it was last fall when Hallady threw his no hitter against my Reds. You may have found that boring but I was entranced by the artistry and mastery of his performance. You never see that in Football.

Never seen artistry in a football game?

Look up one Joe Montana's comebacks, or watch a balanced offense march down the field.

Baseball is for fags, and guy's like waterdork that suck at getting chicks.
They can bring thier dorky score books and pencils.
Paint drying is more exciting than baseball.
Football draws more viewers than basketball, baseball and hockey combined.

By definition, lots of people have to follow the sport for it to be a contender. Baseball has competition from NASCAR and NFL football, for example.

By definition, lots of people have to follow the sport for it to be a contender. Baseball has competition from NASCAR and NFL football, for example.

NASCAR has what, 43 drivers? The NFL has how many teams?

NCAA Football has games all over the US, from little schools to the big names, with fans everywhere.

Baseball is for fags, and guy's like waterdork that suck at getting chicks.
They can bring thier dorky score books and pencils.
Paint drying is more exciting than baseball.
Football draws more viewers than basketball, baseball and hockey combined.

I've got my fair share of girls at baseball games.

The girls know that that's a good place to meet guys.

Back