Tiny, impoverished island to host Games

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
So... Did Hong Kong get the Olympics or the UK? Low is most confusing.

I keep forgetting how easily confused our colonial friends are.
The UK got the Olympics. That's why we refer to them as the UK Olympics or the London Olympics. Understand?

I keep forgetting how easily confused our colonial friends are.
The UK got the Olympics. That's why we refer to them as the UK Olympics or the London Olympics. Understand?

Don't you live in HK?

Wherever I like.

Typical troll response.

1490.jpg

You appear to have something of a predilection for a certain part of the anatomy. The expression you use, 'butt hurt', is foreign to me and I can only guess at what you are attempting to say and what your various fetishes might be.
It looks to me as if you are getting a little upset. Unbecoming for the person we respect as the founder of this website.
You mention a decade as the defining point between travelling abroad and losing ones national identity (the last bit is something of a guess since you dont actually say so). However, the fact that you think it so does not necessarily mean that it will pass into international law or that it has any more worth than the turd you appear happy to play with (figuratively speaking of course).
We do not need to keep entreating god to save our queen as you like to do for America.
He already did.
LOL. Yeah, because the National Anthem doesn't say anything about that, wot?

LOL. Yeah, because the National Anthem doesn't say anything about that, wot?

Well the song was written in 1745 and was adopted as the National Anthem at the beginning of the 19 Century. God then stepped in to save us being too nice to our colonial friends and the undeserving poor of the planet. So, having been saved, we retained the song out of our natural predilection for nostalgia and history. History continues but nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
The Sex Pistols revived the song's fortunes in 1977 and today we only sing it when Liz is around - which isn't very often.
The habit of standing in theatres and cinemas came about because of the impossibly hard seats in those places and to enamble the less ruly to flick lighted cigarette ends on to the waiting bald pates of those in the expensive seats.
We play it before international sports events simply to annoy any americans that might have accidentally appeared thinking Wembley was a theme park or a burger bar.
A lot of people would like a new theme song and a Mr. Billy Connolly, of whom you might have heard - though not understood - suggested the theme from The Archers, a good rollicking number and splendid for carrying a flag to.

(Yes, I am taking the piss, just in case it was over your head.)

Well the song was written in 1745 and was adopted as the National Anthem at the beginning of the 19 Century. God then stepped in to save us being too nice to our colonial friends and the undeserving poor of the planet. So, having been saved, we retained the song out of our natural predilection for nostalgia and history. History continues but nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
The Sex Pistols revived the song's fortunes in 1977 and today we only sing it when Liz is around - which isn't very often.
The habit of standing in theatres and cinemas came about because of the impossibly hard seats in those places and to enamble the less ruly to flick lighted cigarette ends on to the waiting bald pates of those in the expensive seats.
We play it before international sports events simply to annoy any americans that might have accidentally appeared thinking Wembley was a theme park or a burger bar.
A lot of people would like a new theme song and a Mr. Billy Connolly, of whom you might have heard - though not understood - suggested the theme from The Archers, a good rollicking number and splendid for carrying a flag to.

(Yes, I am taking the piss, just in case it was over your head.)

It's all good, you can pretend the Brits don't care about the Queen all you want while you celebrate Jubilee and sing about how much God needs to save her for some reason. I do enjoy watching Prince Philip make a fool of himself so regularly, at least y'all have your Bidens hanging about mucking up the family photos and talking about farts and stuffs...

While you people who live in Hong Kong may not sing it often it seems to be often played in Britlandia proper where, you know, Brits live...

We tend to watch people try to twist their vocal folds around the Star Spangled Banner at sporting events for entertainment purposes and laugh at people who mess up the words in front of national, or even international, audiences. We also like to argue over whether we should let people burn the flag, usually while watching somebody burn the flag and not putting them in jail, giving them a ticket or, well, anything for that matter...

Back