To Christiefan

Hasn't Fuckedup Bum been banned yet?

It's late. This will undoubtedly generate a slower reaction from the staff.

Speaking of the staff, can someone tell me if I get free reign to make 12b comments about the Marxist once it is officially not a part of the JPP community? I could talk so much shit about Topspin, for that matter!!

It's late. This will undoubtedly generate a slower reaction from the staff.

Speaking of the staff, can someone tell me if I get free reign to make 12b comments about the Marxist once it is officially not a part of the JPP community? I could talk so much shit about Topspin, for that matter!!
I don’t recommend you try it. I’d miss you if you were banned.

I must say, when I first played Carmen Sandiego in the early 90s, I had no idea it would spawn a TV show with a catchy intro that I sometimes find myself singing. "Where. On. Earth. Is... Carmen Sandiego? Carmen Sandiego? Where on Earth could she be?"

I must say, when I first played Carmen Sandiego in the early 90s, I had no idea it would spawn a TV show with a catchy intro that I sometimes find myself singing. "Where. On. Earth. Is... Carmen Sandiego? Carmen Sandiego? Where on Earth could she be?"

Did Agatha Christie write the book? If not why are you trying to derail the thread? Christie said that she wants to see the TV programme in question first and then reply, which is eminently fair.

He keeps trying to sneak back under alts - this after he said he wouldn't miss posting here. :rofl2:

Real wierdo, could never work out if he/she is white, black or green with purple spots. I do know that its been banned from several other sites before beaching here. This place seems to be the last chance saloon for indigent scum.

Did Agatha Christie write the book? If not why are you trying to derail the thread? Christie said that she wants to see the TV programme in question first and then reply, which is eminently fair.

Carmen Sandiego is a game about globetrotting. As is another 90s (non-classic) called Nigel's World.

Obviously, Christie wrote about murders, but, there were novelists from her era who wrote about master thieves.

I am not in England as you know, so didn't get a chance to see this for myself. However Hitchens is usually right about these things. Sadly the PC right-on Tristans and Harriets that infest the BBC seem determined to destroy everything. What do you think?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...es-real-mystery-Poirot-pay-BBC-insult-us.html

For starters I hate tampering with Christie stories, trying to modernize them or make them more appealing to people today, and I wouldn't watch this. David Suchet is the definitive Poirot.

Also I've avoided all the Miss Marple remakes involving Geraldine McEwan, Julia McKenzie and the all-time worst IMO, Margaret Rutherford. Joan Hickson is the definitive Miss Marple.

Bottom line is I agree with Hitchens.

I didn't watch the whole program, just the bits in the article. I can't access BBC1.

Carmen Sandiego is a game about globetrotting. As is another 90s (non-classic) called Nigel's World.

Obviously, Christie wrote about murders, but, there were novelists from her era who wrote about master thieves.

So did Christie. Evil Under the Sun, for one example.

I remember in high school when I was taking an AP Lit class we were required to read Death on the Orient Express. I felt it more correctly should have been called "Death by Boredom". I thought it was the most horribly boring novel I ever read until a little later we had to read Thomas Hardy's "The Mayor or Casterbridge" and found out just how wrong I was! LOL

Now I probably shouldn't be knocking Agatha Christie as I'm not really a fan of the mystery genre but based on her only novel I've read...I didn't get her. I thought Hercule Perot et al were excruciatingly boring. I was like...yea, yea...Miss Scarlet in the kitchen with Mr. Green.

For starters I hate tampering with Christie stories, trying to modernize them or make them more appealing to people today, and I wouldn't watch this. David Suchet is the definitive Poirot.

Also I've avoided all the Miss Marple remakes involving Geraldine McEwan, Julia McKenzie and the all-time worst IMO, Margaret Rutherford. Joan Hickson is the definitive Miss Marple.

Bottom line is I agree with Hitchens.

Holy fuck...all this time I thought the "Christie" part of christiefan...was for the former governor of our state, Chris Christie.

You have no idea of how happy this post makes me.

I agree with so much of what you post...it was upsetting for me to think you were a fan of that guy.

Back