Today is the worst day of my life. Tommorrow will also be the worse day of my life.

13260173_10201764359588018_3581927111726453567_n.jpg

I can't remember the last time I was happy when I wasn't drunk.

Good beer or scotch should always make you happy. Anyway, you've got programming skills that should eventually lend themselves to a decent, stable career and life for you. That's worth my envy right there. I have no mathematical or scientific skills whatsoever. All I have is a decent grasp of US history (very limited non-US) and of political science. I've considered attending law school in the future (my fiancée has a passion for law, and insists I would be good at it), or enrolling in the Knight's of Columbus' insurance training program for an actual useful skill.

Good beer or scotch should always make you happy. Anyway, you've got programming skills that should eventually lend themselves to a decent, stable career and life for you. That's worth my envy right there. I have no mathematical or scientific skills whatsoever. All I have is a decent grasp of US history (very limited non-US) and of political science. I've considered attending law school in the future (my fiancée has a passion for law, and insists I would be good at it), or enrolling in the Knight's of Columbus' insurance training program for an actual useful skill.
Selling insurance is hard, are you good at sales?

I think the entry level market for programmers is flooded right now. I did well enough in school, but not fantastic, and I stupidly never bothered to get any internships that could've lead to work experience. I just don't see how I'm ever going to get my foot in the door at this point.

My dad is talking about trying to get me on at the IT department at his company. We'll see how that works out. It will mostly be tech support though, not programming like I want.

I think the entry level market for programmers is flooded right now. I did well enough in school, but not fantastic, and I stupidly never bothered to get any internships that could've lead to work experience. I just don't see how I'm ever going to get my foot in the door at this point.

My dad is talking about trying to get me on at the IT department at his company. We'll see how that works out. It will mostly be tech support though, not programming like I want.

Having computer skills is a desired trait for employers nowadays. It's like applying for a marketing job and being able to speak foreign languages. If you start applying for jobs, your programming skills will be on your resume. Employers will see that you can type (something I can't actually do), make spreadsheets (universally desired now), contribute to or manage websites, and so forth.

I've considered attending law school in the future (my fiancée has a passion for law, and insists I would be good at it)

lets be brutally honest, 3d....in order to be a successful lawyer you need to win more than half your arguments.......you don't have what it takes to be a successful lawyer......

you need to move out of your shithole state. I know they are giving away IT jobs like candy up in mass.

Back