Too many Americans are lazy and stupid

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
G

Guns Guns Guns

You can't blame just the schools, teachers, parents or the government.

D2409US0.jpg

Lots of young Americans are lazy tubbos with an entitlement mentality, who have no real ambition other than to stuff themselves with junk food, play with game consoles and whine about being "bored".

Instead of learning the skills needed to advance themselves, these obese oafs spend their days and nights texting and otherwise wasting time.

No wonder so many jobs are "offshored" or given to H1B immigrants. The aging US workforce can't supply what the market demands anymore and the new crop of Gen Stupid is totally unprepared for life.

Since that seems to demonstrate the extent of your debating skills, looks like you're an example of failure.

American children have it easier than most other children in the world, including the supposedly lazy Europeans.

They have one of the shortest school years anywhere, a mere 180 days compared with an average of 195 for OECD countries and more than 200 for East Asian countries.

German children spend 20 more days in school than American ones, and South Koreans over a month more.

Over 12 years, a 15-day deficit means American children lose out on 180 days of school, equivalent to an entire year.

American children also have one of the shortest school days, six-and-a-half hours, adding up to 32 hours a week. By contrast, the school week is 37 hours in Luxembourg, 44 in Belgium, 53 in Denmark and 60 in Sweden.

On top of that, American children do only about an hour’s-worth of homework a day, a figure that stuns the Japanese and Chinese.

The understretch is also leaving American children ill-equipped to compete.

They usually perform poorly in international educational tests, coming behind Asian countries that spend less on education but work their children harder.

California’s state universities have to send over a third of their entering class to take remedial courses in English and maths.

At least a third of successful PhD students come from abroad.

http://www.economist.com/node/13825184?story_id=13825184

Very nice generalizations pretending to be facts.

The best part about all this is that these lazy americans have still managed to have one of the highest standards of living in the world.

Work less and still live better than 90% of the planet? Sounds like what the rest of the world is trying to do.

No, Winter, he's got a point. We have our short comings and they should be recognized. It aint just the kids. Look around you at the airport or shopping malls. Do you see a lot of fat fucks? Also, we have over 5 million jobs in this country that go unfilled cause there aren't enough people with the qualifications to fill those jobs. Think about the spin off affect on our economy if those jobs were filled? As for the longer school years for other nations. Those extra 20 days don't mean shit, it's what goes into those days that counts. i.e. quality vs. quantity.

If I was King of America PE would be a required one hour a day class and it would have real structure and you would be graded and you would not graduate unless you pass the class and passing the class wouldn't be easy cause you'd have to do more then push a mouse button.

Very nice generalizations pretending to be facts.

The best part about all this is that these lazy americans have still managed to have one of the highest standards of living in the world.

Work less and still live better than 90% of the planet? Sounds like what the rest of the world is trying to do.

Your overconfidence is showing along with your stupidity.

What facts did you present in your emotive generalization?

Seems like you're proud of the fact that many Americans are lazy and ignorant.

Unless you're too lazy and ignorant, what "generalizations" are you prepared to refute?

I'm guessing...none.

Keep up the fear-based jingoistic breast-beating. It's all you have.

No, Winter, he's got a point. We have our short comings and they should be recognized. It aint just the kids. Look around you at the airport or shopping malls. Do you see a lot of fat fucks? Also, we have over 5 million jobs in this country that go unfilled cause there aren't enough people with the qualifications to fill those jobs. Think about the spin off affect on our economy if those jobs were filled? As for the longer school years for other nations. Those extra 20 days don't mean shit, it's what goes into those days that counts. i.e. quality vs. quantity.

If I was King of America PE would be a required one hour a day class and it would have real structure and you would be graded and you would not graduate unless you pass the class and passing the class wouldn't be easy cause you'd have to do more then push a mouse button.

Are there lots of fat americans? No doubt about it. Should our education system be better? Of course.

On a global scale, are we worthy of the scorn from this troll? Absolutely not.

Why are you guys responding to a troll thread? And obesity is striking our European neighbors as well, for the same reasons it is here. An increase in sedentary lifestyle.

You should listen to St. Alcoholus, Winterborn.

When you try to debate me, your intellectual inferiority is exposed for all to see.

Calling me names, ignoring me and pretending facts don't exist are much safer options for you.

Are there lots of fat americans? No doubt about it. Should our education system be better? Of course.

On a global scale, are we worthy of the scorn from this troll? Absolutely not.

So better to call him a troll andd put your head in the sand like an ostrich?

I don't see you starting any threads which address serious problems facing our country's imediate future.

Is this a political discussian forum or a playground name calling practice fucking chatroom?

So better to call him a troll andd put your head in the sand like an ostrich?

I don't see you starting any threads which address serious problems facing our country's imediate future.
ir
Is this a political discussian forum or a playground name calling practice fucking chatroom?

And what political discussion do you think will change the eating habits or sedentary nature of many americans?

I have no problem with discussions of issues. I dislike trolls and those who dance away from question, but demand that their questions be answered.

BTW, if you want nothing but serious discussions you are in the wrong place.

And what political discussion do you think will change the eating habits or sedentary nature of many americans?

I have no problem with discussions of issues. I dislike trolls and those who dance away from question, but demand that their questions be answered.

BTW, if you want nothing but serious discussions you are in the wrong place.

Seems as if you're the one in the wrong place. Did you happen to notice the name of the forum?

I'll give you a clue: Anything Goes.

Should I explain what that entails, or can you find another adult to help you?

Unless you enjoy displaying your intellectual shortcomings in this fashion, perhaps you should do as St Alcoholus advises you, and avoid attempting to engage adults in discussions.

Seems as if you're the one in the wrong place. Did you happen to notice the name of the forum?

I'll give you a clue: Anything Goes.

Should I explain what that entails, or can you find another adult to help you?

Unless you enjoy displaying your intellectual shortcomings in this fashion, perhaps you should do as St Alcoholus advises you, and avoid attempting to engage adults in discussions.

I like that you are berating me for my (supposed) intellectual shortcomings. And yet, you post an inflammatory OP and then spend more time slinging shit than debating a topic.

You are a troll. It is quite simple.

I like that you are berating me for my (supposed) intellectual shortcomings. And yet, you post an inflammatory OP and then spend more time slinging shit than debating a topic.

You are a troll. It is quite simple.

You are quite simple.

What's to debate?

Since you find the OP "inflammatory", explain which parts of it are incorrect.

You can't blame just the schools, teachers, parents or the government.
D2409US0.jpg

Lots of young Americans are lazy tubbos with an entitlement mentality, who have no real ambition other than to stuff themselves with junk food, play with game consoles and whine about being "bored".

Instead of learning the skills needed to advance themselves, these obese oafs spend their days and nights texting and otherwise wasting time.

No wonder so many jobs are "offshored" or given to H1B immigrants. The aging US workforce can't supply what the market demands anymore and the new crop of Gen Stupid is totally unprepared for life.

If you find yourself unable to do more than repeat your mantra of "troll" again, perhaps you really should listen to St Alcoholus.

Do you actually think the jobs are off-shored because we can't provide something? The jobs are off-shored because the people elsewhere will work for much less,and the regulations and taxes are far lee.

The OP had few facts and was written to be inflammatory. "Instead of learning the skills needed to advance themselves, these obese oafs spend their days and nights texting and otherwise wasting time" is not a factual offering but a generalization.

And "Gen Stupid"? That is factual? It is inflammatory bullshit, nothing more.

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

And you post mostly copy & paste and then spend more time arguing at others than actually discussing the topic. You fit the description to a 'T'.

Do you actually think the jobs are off-shored because we can't provide something? The jobs are off-shored because the people elsewhere will work for much less,and the regulations and taxes are far lee.

The OP had few facts and was written to be inflammatory. "Instead of learning the skills needed to advance themselves, these obese oafs spend their days and nights texting and otherwise wasting time" is not a factual offering but a generalization.

And "Gen Stupid"? That is factual? It is inflammatory bullshit, nothing more.

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

And you post mostly copy & paste and then spend more time arguing at others than actually discussing the topic. You fit the description to a 'T'.

Your response certainly was emotional, wasn't it?

I couldn't help but notice how extensively you bolstered your rebuttal with a copious compendium of statistics, citations and other facts. Now, look up "sarcasm" in Wiki.

You may have assumed that the post was aimed at you personally, since you obviously fit the description given in the thread title.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_doe...nk_amongst_other_states_in_terms_of_education

http://www.amazon.com/Dumbest-Generation-Stupefies-Americans-Jeopardizes/dp/1585426393

Last edited:
Your repsonse certainly was emotional, wasn't it?

I couldn't help but notice how extensively you bolstered your rebuttal with a copious compendium of statistics, citations and other facts. Now, look up "sarcasm" in Wiki.

You may have assumed that the post was aimed at you personally, since you obviously fit the description given in the thread title.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_doe...nk_amongst_other_states_in_terms_of_education

http://www.amazon.com/Dumbest-Generation-Stupefies-Americans-Jeopardizes/dp/1585426393

And the troll continues........

Back