Tort Reform...

Really because there is this guy that oddly enough shares your name that said this:
"Ive been busy lately, but I can now tell you... The jury came back with a verdict for my client today of $13,156,200. I am celebrating once I get a good night sleep.
My new firm gets 40%, Ill personally get about 20% of that."
http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?t=4641

You are an idiot, I get 20% of 40% which is not 20% for me peraonally... its less than 10%.

That is 20% of 40%.

So, if you had 100, 40% would be 40, 20% of that is 8.

If they collect the full 13M, his firm would get over 5 Mill, he would get about 1,040,000

Ding, Ding, Ding and the operative portion is, IF we collected the entire thing.

You are an idiot, I get 20% of 40% which is not 20% for me peraonally... its less than 10%.

Well next time learn to write clearer and learn to spell while you're at it.

Anyway doesn't matter, like I said,
"Either way, a millionaire from a single case with a few months work."

Ding, Ding, Ding and the operative portion is, IF we collected the entire thing.
Definitely. Have they already filed their appeal? Usually they'll file the appeal then begin negotiations to pay a much smaller amount over time.

Well next time learn to write clearer and learn to spell while you're at it.

Anyway doesn't matter, like I said,
"Either way, a millionaire from a single case with a few months work."

This coming from a guy who said that "Global warming leads to stable polar bear populations" then accuses people of lying about what he said, cause he actually meant something else apparently.

Definitely. Have they already filed their appeal? Usually they'll file the appeal then begin negotiations to pay a much smaller amount over time.

They have filed the notice of intent to appeal and negotiations are ongoing!

In a way of speaking yes, leave it up to the Citizins on a jury... not polititans in the Capital!

But they are not just any old citizens on a jury, we now have this new practice of picking which jury you'd like by deciding geographically where you want to sue.
I read that there is some county in Illinois that has an astronomical amount of lawsuits launched there. Why? Because statiscally juries there have been given the best chance of victory and highest payouts against companies.

Trial lawyers are cherrypicking their suing locations to get the most swag, something has to be done.

This coming from a guy who said that "Global warming leads to stable polar bear populations" then accuses people of lying about what he said, cause he actually meant something else apparently.

This coming from the guy who said raping babies produces no physical or emotional trauma to the baby.

But they are not just any old citizens on a jury, we now have this new practice of picking which jury you'd like by deciding geographically where you want to sue.
I read that there is some county in Illinois that has an astronomical amount of lawsuits launched there. Why? Because statiscally juries there have been given the best chance of victory and highest payouts against companies.

Trial lawyers are cherrypicking their suing locations to get the most swag, something has to be done.

You need to get some information about jurisdiction and venue!

Kind of like picking a jury that will put a black man to death by changing venue and getting an all white jury?

Twist their nuts a bit, a jury returning that usually means your case is stronger than they'll ever want it to be.

Dont worry, they have a few points, but not great ones. We are not going to see 13,000,000 but our client will get her due!

How do you compensate someone for the pain and suffering of having to use diapers every day for the rest of her life?

How much would I have to pay you to agree to give up blatter and bowel control for the rest of your life? Not to mention sex and the ability to stand up for more than 10 min's at a time, 9 months in a hospital and rehab center, oh and the pain associated with that!

So... any think the Government should impose CAPS?

Caps on awards or on your percent take? Yes to the former and no to the latter.
But I do find it macabre-like funny that trial lawyers (like yourself) who peddle a story of extreme sympathy for the victim(s) are more than happy to take millions of their share that the victim could otherwise have.

Kind of like picking a jury that will put a black man to death by changing venue and getting an all white jury?

Nope not at all. You see the reason they can file in Illinois is if that company has branches in every state or county then they can sue them anywhere they choose.

Whereas with that hypothetical murderer you can only try them in the locations where they committed the murder, usually almost always the same place.

Caps on awards or on your percent take? Yes to the former and no to the latter.
But I do find it macabre-like funny that trial lawyers (like yourself) who peddle a story of extreme sympathy for the victim(s) are more than happy to take millions of their share that the victim could otherwise have.

I should not get paid to do my job?

The market should not decide what I get paid?

How do you compensate someone for the pain and suffering of having to use diapers every day for the rest of her life?

How much would I have to pay you to agree to give up blatter and bowel control for the rest of your life? Not to mention sex and the ability to stand up for more than 10 min's at a time, 9 months in a hospital and rehab center, oh and the pain associated with that!

Crocodile tears, you got your millions and you said you were going to celebrate. Look if you feel bad for them then I can respect someone maintaining a quiet dignity about the result, but when you won you wanted to celebrate and party so spare us your bullshit reason of compassion, the trial is over.

I should not get paid to do my job?

The market should not decide what I get paid?

Uh what market? This is a jury, not a market.
They have nothing to lose as they don't buy your product or service. Their decision rests on how bad they feel for the victim and how much they dislike the company.
Why on earth would you try and pass off just about the most basic piece of government like a court as a "free market"?

Back