Toyota stands by its product

ok, failed with flying colors. wouldn't let me set foot in it again except to get my personal belongings. Put me in 2008 Tacoma v6 trd sr5 to test drive for free till i get my check.

Guy said was bad batch of metal from china is the main problem.

ok, failed with flying colors. wouldn't let me set foot in it again except to get my personal belongings. Put me in 2008 Tacoma v6 trd sr5 to test drive for free till i get my check.

Guy said was bad batch of metal from china is the main problem.

yikes

lol could u imagine getting in war with china.. we could prob just run over there tanks with ours and they would flatten like that game where u make cars out of tin foil then wreck them when you were a kid.

clydescarcrusher.jpg

Got a call today. They are offering me 14,535 after some persuasive arguing. First came in at 13,775 but i convinced them to add in some additional items like the speakers i installed, over sized off road tires, bug shield and rain guards, and fact i put new muffler on it 3 months ago.

Funny thing is needed new battery, had major electrical problems, high idel, tires totally bald, AC busted, bed door and bed all banged up. Back bumper bent. My guess is the truck was worth 5K as is.

So next I get a offer letter sign it fax it back with copy of the title then they arrange to meet me and drop off the pickup im using and hand me the check.

Got a call today. They are offering me 14,535 after some persuasive arguing. First came in at 13,775 but i convinced them to add in some additional items like the speakers i installed, over sized off road tires, bug shield and rain guards, and fact i put new muffler on it 3 months ago.

Funny thing is needed new battery, had major electrical problems, high idel, tires totally bald, AC busted, bed door and bed all banged up. Back bumper bent. My guess is the truck was worth 5K as is.

So next I get a offer letter sign it fax it back with copy of the title then they arrange to meet me and drop off the pickup im using and hand me the check.

Man, that's awesome!

Man, that's awesome!

yah i cant complain.. Im looking at a few MDX touring fully loaded with NAV, rear cam, DVD, with this check i can get a 2005 with low miles like 20K miles and finance the difference giving me $179 payment for 36months.

Currently i have a lease on a camary for 225 a month that has 20months left and If they take that from me free and clear its essentially going from 20 more months of 225 (4500) or 36months of 179 (6444) and owning outright.

But I still haven't decided. The other thing i could do is buyout the lease for 15k. car only has 16,000 miles.

Or take the money and save it for end of lease to use towards next car.

yah i cant complain.. Im looking at a few MDX touring fully loaded with NAV, rear cam, DVD, with this check i can get a 2005 with low miles like 20K miles and finance the difference giving me $179 payment for 36months.

Currently i have a lease on a camary for 225 a month that has 20months left and If they take that from me free and clear its essentially going from 20 more months of 225 (4500) or 36months of 179 (6444) and owning outright.

But I still haven't decided. The other thing i could do is buyout the lease for 15k. car only has 16,000 miles.

Or take the money and save it for end of lease to use towards next car.

I'm thinking of getting a camry myself. I was going to look at luxury vehicles, but since my b/f has an SUV I think we'd fair better with a hybrid to offset his high fuel costs.

I'm thinking of getting a camry myself. I was going to look at luxury vehicles, but since my b/f has an SUV I think we'd fair better with a hybrid to offset his high fuel costs.

the camry hybrids are like 5-7k more.. it will take a long time to recoup that in your savings on gas.

You can buy my 2007 camry off my lease for 15,2 if you want. its got 16k miles on it and gets over 30mpg.
toyota_07camry_angularfront_Regular.jpg

the camry hybrids are like 5-7k more.. it will take a long time to recoup that in your savings on gas.

You can buy my 2007 camry off my lease for 15,2 if you want. its got 16k miles on it and gets over 30mpg.
toyota_07camry_angularfront_Regular.jpg

Does it have built in dvd navigation?

also, Camry's don't come with back up camera's do they?

I have to start thinking about a new vehicle, but I need one that can also get through the snow here! I think we are going to get a lot of it this winter!

People in AK actually have a reason besides status to buy an SUV.

I have had good service from my Subaru Froggie. Not sure how good the nrwer ones are though.

The little beast is starting to rust though, after 18 years I might have to retire it.
Imagine only 18 years and 235k or so and I have to give up on it. Darn rice burners.

I think my employees are going to celebrate it's demise though :D

I bought a nice used mini van a few weeks ago. Something to haul the grandchildren in.
I just cant see flushing tens of thousands down the drain for status on a vehicle to haul me from point a to point be in reasonable comfort.

I enjoy my pool lots more than a new car, and so do the grandchildren.

lol not my CE for 15k.. to get that stuff you will have to spend like 25grand.

yeah....:( I know. But I really want it! We were looking at cars online last night too. Such a tough decision. I've never had a luxury vehicle but I really want one. Technically we can afford it and don't have any kids or any really horrible expenses but in hte grand scheme of things it will definitely cost more in gas, monthly payments, etc....

I should be practical but I don't want to be :(

People in AK actually have a reason besides status to buy an SUV.

I have had good service from my Subaru Froggie. Not sure how good the nrwer ones are though.

The little beast is starting to rust though, after 18 years I might have to retire it.
Imagine only 18 years and 235k or so and I have to give up on it. Darn rice burners.

I think my employees are going to celebrate it's demise though :D

I bought a nice used mini van a few weeks ago. Something to haul the grandchildren in.
I just cant see flushing tens of thousands down the drain for status on a vehicle to haul me from point a to point be in reasonable comfort.I enjoy my pool lots more than a new car, and so do the grandchildren.

So true.

I should just get a camry or one of the new accords.

yeah....:( I know. But I really want it! We were looking at cars online last night too. Such a tough decision. I've never had a luxury vehicle but I really want one. Technically we can afford it and don't have any kids or any really horrible expenses but in hte grand scheme of things it will definitely cost more in gas, monthly payments, etc....

I should be practical but I don't want to be :(

i am looking at a place nearby my house called auto max. They dont negotiate. The price is the price on the internet period. They get 1 owner off lease cars from the dealerships.

Lots of sweet cars with low miles and lots of options. wonder if you have similar place near you:

http://www.automaxpreowned.com/ou/automax-used/

Back