Trial starts Tuesday.... what do you think..

I don't know.

Pretty difficult to convert the total loss of happiness in the brain over a lifetime to dollars. They shouldn't have to pay for quack treatments like chiropractic though.

Since when are Chiropractic Treatments a quack treatment?
I've had back spasms that meds don't do anything for and I can make an appointment with the Chirpractor and it does wonders.

If it's not over the counter it's an opiate IE pretty much the same thing as morphine and heroin. If someone is in chronic pain, though, they're going to have to take them all of the time anyway, so addiction is pretty much irrelevant.

I was talking about pain that isn't constant.
My meds are by script and the longer you take them, consistently, the less they do for you and bigger doses are needed.

You're already dealing with amounts that are greater than what most people are going to make in their lifetime. Kind of pointless once you reach that level.

Don't forget that normally you don't have to make constant visits to Doctors or other medical appointments.
Plus; the longer this continues, it usually means that things tend to get worse.

Now add up normal living costs (rent, utilities, food, etc.), add in the costs of Doctors and meds, figure in the cost of escalated treatment and maybe even hospitalization, and then add living a life of constant pain and being unable to do a lot of things that make life enjoyable.
How much would you say that this is worth?

I don't know.

Pretty difficult to convert the total loss of happiness in the brain over a lifetime to dollars. They shouldn't have to pay for quack treatments like chiropractic though.
Don't go to a chiropractor, go to a physical therapist! So much better and do stretching! Even try yoga! It is the best.

Id say you are more likely to get lasting results from Physical Therapy than from Chiropratic, but both are helpfull.

Pain meds for your back, only work if you take them prior to being in pain; which usually means you end up having to take them all the time.
This is how addictions start and why I refuse to take pain meds, unless it's so bad that I can't stand it anymore.
I've had a HUGE amount of kidney stones over the past year and a half, believe me I take the pain meds. I don't know if it is possible to have worse pain.

Id say you are more likely to get lasting results from Physical Therapy than from Chiropratic, but both are helpfull.
They treat different things, Chiropractic is a long way from "quack" and the larger insurers recognize and pay for it.

My Doctor sent me to a physical therapist, for my back.
The "therapy" that they felt I should be doing, just added to my pain.

I've had a HUGE amount of kidney stones over the past year and a half, believe me I take the pain meds. I don't know if it is possible to have worse pain.

Everyone has different thresholds for pain and I don't slight anyone that needs to take the meds regularly.
I just try to not get into the habit of doing it.

I've never had kidney stones; but I"ve heard it's like the worst pain there can be.

Everyone has different thresholds for pain and I don't slight anyone that needs to take the meds regularly.

I've never had kidney stones; but I"ve heard it's like the worst pain there can be.
Well, I fear addiction so I only take them when the pain becomes unbearable and I start scaring the kids, unable to speak and walking around like a zombie... "unnnngh, unnngh" each step...

My wife brings me the narcotics and I start feeling human again for a bit.

Well, I fear addiction so I only take them when the pain becomes unbearable and I start scaring the kids, unable to speak and walking around like a zombie... "unnnngh, unnngh" each step...

My wife brings me the narcotics and I start feeling human again for a bit.

LOL
Sounds like me, when my back acts up.
Every other step is like "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh" - "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh" and when it's real bad, it looks like I'm trying to push a plow through the house. :palm:

Riding in my wife's car, is almost unbearable; because of the low seats and then trying to pry myself into an upright position.
Riding in my van is better, because of the seat sits farther off the floor and getting out is a lot easier.
But here's the really odd part.
I can ride my motorcycle with no problem.
My back doctor thinks it's because of the ridding position and that the constant vibration is like getting a massage. Keeps the back loose.

There is worse pain.... listening to Dung pretend he is not a complete partisan hack for example. :)

Don't forget that normally you don't have to make constant visits to Doctors or other medical appointments.
Plus; the longer this continues, it usually means that things tend to get worse.

Now add up normal living costs (rent, utilities, food, etc.), add in the costs of Doctors and meds, figure in the cost of escalated treatment and maybe even hospitalization, and then add living a life of constant pain and being unable to do a lot of things that make life enjoyable.
How much would you say that this is worth?

Now that I think about it, a lot of the award is going to be eaten up by inflation.

Last edited:
Since when are Chiropractic Treatments a quack treatment?
I've had back spasms that meds don't do anything for and I can make an appointment with the Chirpractor and it does wonders.

At best it's essentially unlicensed physical therapy. It's likely you're dealing with that kind of chiropractor, but actual chiropractic says ridiculous thing, like they can cure disease by pushing on some random spot, that's not backed up by science. If you are a chiropractor and you don't believe in that quackery, you should get licensed to be a physical therapist.

If you don't want to basically be stuck on them for the rest of your life, yeah, you should use sparingly. It's pretty much the most addictive substance.

1. Labor

2. Migraines
1. Labor - When I was at the Nephrologist's office there was a lady talking about her kidney stones who flat told me that they are more painful than labor. I can tell she'd know a bit about it, there were three kids with her.
2. I've had migraines, kidney stones are worse and for me last much much longer... (mine seem to move as slowly as possible, first pain starts a bit more than a month before they finally pass out of the ureter into the bladder where I find instant relief. And I do mean instantaneous...)

They treat different things, Chiropractic is a long way from "quack" and the larger insurers recognize and pay for it.

Chiropractic isn't a field of scientific medicine. Just tell me the last time any science journal published any article advancing the field of chiropractic. What's confusing to most people about them is that many just perform unlicensed physical therapy, and that's the popular image of chiropractic. But actual chiropractic would be more accurately compared to things like homeopathy or acupuncture.

As for insurers, customers likely demanded it.

Chiropractic isn't a field of scientific medicine. Just tell me the last time any science journal published any article advancing the field of chiropractic. What's confusing to most people about them is that many just perform unlicensed physical therapy, and that's the popular image of chiropractic. But actual chiropractic would be more accurately compared to things like homeopathy or acupuncture.

As for insurers, customers likely demanded it.
Yet the reality is professionals in medicine see value in it and most insurers pay for it. It is a long way from "quack" because of those simple facts. And I know of zero insurers who add "quacks" to their "pay for it" list simply because of demand. If such were the case dental insurance would cover things like implants which are a far shot away from "quack" as well. (They also aren't experimental, which is how the insurers list them to get out of paying for them.)

Back