PoliTalker

Diversity Makes Greatness
Who cares? They aren't worth much.

What does it matter?

'I'll do it someday, but I don't have time right now.'

Got a jar of coins laying around?

Do you ever use coins?

Gotten out of the habit?

Maybe keep some money on hand, but never pay with coins?

You are not alone. Millions of Americans don't bother with coinage and have become collectors of coins who don't or rarely turn them in. That forces the government to make more coins. That costs money.

It's kind of like turn in your coins or pay more taxes. Your choice.

And there is a thing about how it actually hurts some people. Those who have no credit, don't pay with cards, don't even have accounts, are strictly cash, the really poor? If a business simply runs out of coins, and it can't get enough from the bank, then they face not being able to give change to the poor. The poor can either do without what they came for or they can simply pay more and not get full change.

It ends up ripping off the poor.

So keep taxes low, help others. Help America.

Turn in your coins.

Quarters, nickels, dimes and pennies are in short supply again

The cool thing is you don't have to sort or roll them or turn them in to the bank if you don't want to.

You could just change your habits and start spending them.

Or you could take them to a coin sorting machine.

Or you could go ahead and simply get some coin rolls from the bank. Roll 'em up and deposit them.

Whatever you do, whether they go to the bank, or simply get spent, any way you do it they get back into circulation. And that's what our country needs.

It's a small thing but it's easy and we can all help.

Unless you're one of those really together people who already has dealt with this issue, then good on you.

We'll catch up as soon as we can!

Canada stopped making and using Canadian pennies years ago.

Pennies are pointless.

I still have my uses for quarters

"Turn In Your Coins."
No.

Who cares?
I do.

They aren't worth much.
They are worth the value of the associated metals used to make them (which can very well be more than the "face value" of the coin). Did you know, for example, that dimes, quarters, and half dollars made before 1965 contain 90% silver?

What does it matter?
See above.

I have the time to do it, but I don't wish to do it, so I'm not doing it.

Yes.

Do you ever use coins?
Yes, on occasion.

Gotten out of the habit?
No.

I pay with dollars (and coins at times) often enough.

You are not alone. Millions of Americans don't bother with coinage and have become collectors of coins who don't or rarely turn them in. That forces the government to make more coins. That costs money.
Okay.

False dichotomy.

And there is a thing about how it actually hurts some people. Those who have no credit, don't pay with cards, don't even have accounts, are strictly cash, the really poor? If a business simply runs out of coins, and it can't get enough from the bank, then they face not being able to give change to the poor. The poor can either do without what they came for or they can simply pay more and not get full change.
False dichotomy.

No it doesn't.

False dichotomy.

No. I'll do what I want with my coins.

Why are you such an authoritarian POS?

The cool thing is you don't have to sort or roll them or turn them in to the bank if you don't want to.
That's right, I don't. Free will is neat that way, ain't it?

You could just change your habits and start spending them.
I already do make use of them in transactions from time to time.

Or you could take them to a coin sorting machine.
True, I could.

Or you could go ahead and simply get some coin rolls from the bank. Roll 'em up and deposit them.
True, I could.

Whatever you do, whether they go to the bank, or simply get spent, any way you do it they get back into circulation. And that's what our country needs.
You are making a big stink about nothing.

It's a small thing but it's easy and we can all help.
I'm growing very sick of the Marxism that keeps oozing out of you.

Unless you're one of those really together people who already has dealt with this issue, then good on you.

We'll catch up as soon as we can!
"Crisis! Crisis! Crisis!" --- :palm:

Our parking meters in the downtown area take quarters. That's about the only reason we keep some around.

I still use a coin operated car wash

I am still trying to pay cash for as much as I can, rather than paying electronically. I do not want Deep State tracking me!!

I am still trying to pay cash for as much as I can, rather than paying electronically. I do not want Deep State tracking me!!

It's far too late to worry about that. Remember your Covid vaccine? Microchip. :rofl2:

Canada stopped making and using Canadian pennies years ago.

Pennies are pointless.

I still have my uses for quarters

ditch pennies and one dollar bills, make more 1 dollar coins and 2 dollar bills and its simple programmming to the cash registers. one dollar bills are VERY costly.

What does it matter?

Do you ever use coins?

Gotten out of the habit?

Turn in your coins.

Cash is freedom, Commie Faggot. I get it, you want to rob people of freedom.

you are not the issue. its people with a bucket of coins at home who tie up supply.

my best friend and banker described just how large a problem it is for banks (its no problem at all for po folks). when my daughter was young I collected coins as a hobby for her collecting them as my dad had done with by siblings. I'd save up coins for maybe 6 months then we would dump them out and look for years/mints we did not have then roll up the rest and cash them in. Started using the machines when they added one at the Food Lion.

What does it matter?

Do you ever use coins?

Gotten out of the habit?

Turn in your coins.

Just to think- If you have 23 quarters and a dime + 2 more quarters for tax- you can buy yourself a Starbucks Blonde Cinnamon Cloud Macchiato!

And don't forget to tip your server! And while standing in line for your cup of coffee- You can always bitch about the price of gasoline! LOL!

And if you have 3 and 1/2 rolls of quarters or 2499 pennies, you can purchase a 1 lb. raw Nolan Ryan Rib eye steak, on sale, at Krogers this week!

Of course Krogers only has the two lb. Rib Eye Steaks so, you may want to just bring a $50.00 Bill!

Now you do have to use your Kroger card or it will be higher!

Last edited:
Hello Cypress,

I like to do that too. It was cool when everybody was wearing masks. Leave the cell phone home spoiling the store's ability to identify the signal. Pay with cash. With the masks they couldn't use their facial recognition SW. Musta been driving their bean counters nuts. Of course, if you drive your car there, they probably have cameras in the parking lots to ID you by your plate. You could ride a bike to the store. That would stump them. I wonder if they are so intent on knowing all that they would ID individuals according to height, weight and clothing worn in the past...

Used to be conservatives were so worried about the government keeping lists. Strange how they have no problem with corporations doing it now.

Hello Geeko Sportivo,

Just to think- If you have 23 quarters and a dime + 2 more quarters for tax- you can buy yourself a Starbucks Blonde Cinnamon Cloud Macchiato!

And don't forget to tip your server! And while standing in line for your cup of coffee- You can always bitch about the price of gasoline! LOL!

And if you have 3 and 1/2 rolls of quarters or 2499 pennies, you can purchase a 1 lb. raw Nolan Ryan Rib eye steak, on sale, at Krogers this week!

Of course Krogers only has the two lb. Rib Eye Steaks so, you may want to just bring a $50.00 Bill!

Now you do have to use your Kroger card or it will be higher!

Imagine paying for a tank of gas with pennies...

Hello ThatOwlWoman,
That's true.

Maybe keep some in case of tolls without the prepaid device, or drive thru, if I ever decide to do that again on a whim. Have not been to one in a long while. COVID produced some really healthy eating habits. Hey. As long as changes are being made never hurts to make them for the better.

Grocery prices sure shot up, but it's still a lot cheaper and healthier than eating out or pickup. Not to mention the gas, tires and brakes saved, and the environment too.

Back