Two Hours Left!!!

Keep spinning Damo :clink:
Why would I spin this? I asked for an explanation, I explained where your "explanation" lacked.

Libertarianism suggests that any force by the government should be applied only at absolute necessity. There is nothing in there about self-restraint through marriage.

Again, please provide an explanation, or admit you have no idea what libertarianism is.

When a person marries they give up liberties.

and yes I do not have a real solid idea what libertarians are. They are so scattered. Privatize the police force ? do away with everything except the military ?

Congratulations, String; I wish you all the happiness in the world.

Sol, those were wise words. Everyone should read them at least once a year. :)

When a person marries they give up liberties.

and yes I do not have a real solid idea what libertarians are. They are so scattered. Privatize the police force ? do away with everything except the military ?
The fundamental central point of libertarianism is the limitation of force. Within that framework you have some that would want to privatize the police force and others who would not, but the central theme remains the same. Marriage would never be a government function in a libertarian government, whether to promote "right action" or to deny it to those who were not "right in action". In short, getting married is not anti-libertarian, having the government license it is.

Libertarians argue that a standing army is wrong, almost everything you "think" about libertarianism is wrong. Maybe a bit of education can gain you something.

If he asks that question again tell him the same thing you did. But also tell him that you are so happy to be his Dad. (being a father is biology, being a Dad is a relationship)

Be there for him. Teach him to be the kind of man you wish you could be. Make him see that right and wrong have nothing to do with being caught. It has to do with right and wrong. Teach him that he is loved and is part of a family. Its not always happy and easy. Sometimes its tough and takes strength to get there. But nothing in this world is worth more. Teach him that no one in the family has to be strong all the times, so long as one member is strong at any time, you can lean on each other.

Teach him to value who he is. Teach him to love to read and learn, for that should never stop throughout his whole life.

Find something that the two of you enjoy doing. Whether it be fishing, watching the History channel, or playing checkers. First of all, it will bond you without having the bond go thru his mother. Second of all, it means he is hanging with the man of the house, and he can learn to be that be watching you. And lastly, it will be what he remembers when he grow up. It will teach him how to be a Dad himself. And learn to listen with your entire body. And sometimes you will have to listen when you don't want to, or when there are other things are going on. But it pays.

And its not too soon to do the same with the baby. Its less involved (and sometimes way messier), but make the baby laugh every chance you get.

And always be the romantic that your wife fell in love with. Working harder to buy her a new house, new car and vacations to the bahamas are great.

But the simple things will stir her heart more as you get onler and more settled into life.

Never buy flowers for occasions or to apologize. Buy them often for no reason at all.

Buy her chairs. If you have never seen the movie Phenomenon, rent it and watch it.

Always remember to date. Touch your wife like you mean it. A gentle touch or caress can translate so much more than your word or your presents.

I almost cried at both my weddings. It is a beautiful thing to be able to share that commitment with the one you love.

One last piece of advice. The definition of "step" is that it gets you up the stairs or out of the house. It has nothing to do with your children.

You are the Man!

Being a parent or even just a friend to a child makes you a better person if its done correctly.

LOL.. Well if you are like a cliche distribution machine, I guess I'm like a cynicism distribution machine.

Nah, you are not as cynical as a lot of people I know. You just don't trust people. There is a difference.

HOw was it?! Where did you guys go?

It was great, we traveled up the coast of Maine, ended in Bar Harbor. We also stopped in Conneticut and stayed at the MGM at Foxwoods for a night. She loved the shopping, and I enjoyed the food! :)

Back