U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people

uscitizen

Villified User
U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people

By Laura MacInnis Tue Aug 28, 1:25 PM ET

GENEVA (Reuters) - The United States has 90 guns for every 100 citizens, making it the most heavily armed society in the world, a report released on Tuesday said.

U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known firearms, according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based Graduate Institute of International Studies.

About 4.5 million of the 8 million new guns manufactured worldwide each year are purchased in the United States, it said.

"There is roughly one firearm for every seven people worldwide.

Pardon my lunacy, but I immediately went and picked up my gun upon hearing that. We have three to a house of five, though, so I guess we're mediocre.

Yeah pretty much where I am at too.
I have maybe 20 guns but most are passed down from family members.
I like to target shoot and such, but not hunt because I do not like to eat most things I could kill. Now if they had a cow season ?
actually a friend and I did shoot one and slaughter it last fall. good eatin!

But I did not have it's head stuffed and hung on the wall.

That's quite a lot of guns isn't it?

Still as long as the owners are responsible types, then there should be few problems.

That reminds me, has High School student season opened yet?

And what of your gun crime over in disarmed England?

And I frankly feel under-armed here with only 13 guns. Of course I cant purcahse pistols save through private sales, and dont have a C&R license yet so....

Disarmed, sir?

We may not be knee deep in Colt 45's and broom-handle Mausers but we can slice a man's face off with the best of 'em.

A craft knife or machete is the weapon of choice for the modish young English gent.

Last edited:
Guns, Guns, Guns, Guns, Guns, Guns, Guns, Guns, Guns.
There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy.
There's nothing you can make that can't be made.
No one you can save that can't be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be in time
It's easy.
All you need is Guns, all you need is Guns,
All you need is Guns, Guns, Guns is all you need.
Guns, Guns, Guns, Guns, Guns, Guns, Guns, Guns, Guns.
There's nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
All you need is Guns (all together now)
All you need is Guns (everybody)

Aren't knives over a certain length illegal as well? And I've heard rumors of clubs and other blunt objects too.

Aren't knives over a certain length illegal as well? And I've heard rumors of clubs and other blunt objects too.

Officially, anything above 3'' is classed as illegal to carry without "reasonable cause". There are also bans on the sale of certain knives, stiletto, flick knives, knives designed to be disguised as something else etc.

Most who carry knives will just use an ordinary kitchen knife or a craft knife as they can be tossed and easily replaced. Typically it's kids being stupid who carry them and who become the victims.

Personally speaking nobody's ever pulled a knife on me. Mind you, i do look like a football hooligan.

And I frankly feel under-armed here with only 13 guns. Of course I cant purcahse pistols save through private sales, and dont have a C&R license yet so....
Why wouldn't you be able to purchase pistols?

I'm only 19 damo. Federal law states that to purchase a pistol from a dealer you have to be 21. Now I CAN buy them in private tranfers (state dependant), but few people I know have pistols they're willing to sell.

I'm only 19 damo. Federal law states that to purchase a pistol from a dealer you have to be 21. Now I CAN buy them in private tranfers (state dependant), but few people I know have pistols they're willing to sell.
I like to keep mine and I don't think you reside in my state. I have a glock or two that I wouldn't mind parting from though.

So, you can fight and die for our country, but you cannot buy a beer or a pistol because you are too young. How very nice.

Back