Unbelievable!!!

Do you work for a govt agency or a contractor to the govt Damo ? they are the only ones lately I have heard of with great insurance bennies.

I also pay $5 for perscriptions but the dental and vision is great... Plus they paid her full pay when she was out on maternity.

It actually is what I was able to get when they recruited me. I am very good at what I do.

Me too, that is why I can keep busy contracting. If one project ends I just call around and someone else picks me up.
Unfortunately India did my perm job with them cheaper so I was riffed....

I could probably get back on permanent, but would not be able to work remote. Will be moving to the NW this winter. I really like it out there, and once I am free of the wife unit....

Ive often wondered... what is more important; Health Care or basic Education? Which of the two is more of a burden on the Government?
Sure ..the state and local coffers carry most of the Education burden but maybe our priorities arent straight! Maybe it is Health Care that should be provided by the state, become Nationalized ...after all a Healthy Society is just as important to the Nations Security as anything else, And maybe Education should be left to the individual to pay. Maybe it would be cheaper for Employers to offer Family Education as an incentive to draw employees instead of Health Insurance!

Just a thought!

I think that is QUICK to judge such a thing ihg...

For example, Do you know his finances? Do you know if he owes 100k for his degrees and his wife owes another 80k for her degrees? Do you know what his credit card bills are for the food he had to pay for with them while in college or for the books he had to buy for that degree? Does Rob know what they are paying him?

Do you know if he has medical bills from prior illnesses that was not covered under medical insurance that may be an undo burden upon him...?

We are all quick to judge here....there's no question about that imo.....ya know?

care

It doesn't matter care. Those things are not taken into consideration when applying for state aid. What if everyone did this. I have a lot of loans and expenses as well. Very little income is left to use after paying for bills. Perhaps I should get state aid as well.

But I won't because honesty and integrity matter to me.

I disagree Klaatu. Education is paid for by the state for children. In the rare instance that someone get a grant for college education beyond childhood is the students responsibility.

It is the responsibility of the state to pay for education because it is a right of children because they do not have the means to remedy deficiencies in their family that would allow them to get education.

I will add that heathcare is also a right for children. However when someone is an adult their education and healthcare should be their responsibility.

I hateGov.
We are in the I want my piece of the pie no matter what age. Greed is good, etc... Just grab it and growl....

imho it is the responsibility of the govt to provide an education for children because they require it by law. Not because it is some inalienable right.

And if it was not required?

Massachusetts recently passed a law requiring people to get health insurance. Does that mean the government must provide it.

How about motorcycle helmets etc.

I think the govt should subsidize all the required by law stuff. They make you do it they pay. Much of it is just a tax or a fee to support an industry. Ie the insurance industry or the medical industry.
But then I am a dreamer sometimes.
This country got on it's feet without all this for your own good garbage.

Back