US v. Ghana

We are playing like we are afraid of their players. We don't get close enough, we don't challenge the ball. This is pissing me off! They better get their shit together for the second half.

Things the USA team simply is incapable of doing:

Make a corner kick
Make long distance passes, rather than merely punt the ball blindly to nowhere in particular

Things the USA team simply is incapable of doing:

Make a corner kick
Make long distance passes, rather than merely punt the ball blindly to nowhere in particular
My wife and I were just saying the exact same thing. And did you see how the Ghanans could pass cross field and get the ball right to the guy they were kicking too.

My wife and I were just saying the exact same thing. And did you see how the Ghanans could pass cross field and get the ball right to the guy they were kicking too.

Yeah, I swear, it got to the point where I was groaning everytime we had posession, because I could see where they were going to fuck up a pass, and whatnot...

What was up with that insane number of fouls committed by Ghana, and how is it we only capitalized once, and how is it that was our ONLY means of scoring?!!? Fucking unreal! Its like watching the Mariners play baseball...

The only thing we did well was driving the ball through defenders. If we would have just committed to force plays, we may have actually produced some goals out of that...

Two sloppy defensive errors cost you dear.

Should keep your World Ranking though, a top 16 in the World Cup isn't bad.

Two sloppy defensive errors cost you dear.

Should keep your World Ranking though, a top 16 in the World Cup isn't bad.
Both errors coming early in the game and then in extra time. I also don't like the coaching. He second guessed himself by starting weaker players. After the first two substitutions we picked up our play, we defended the ball better and kept Ghana on their heels.

The first goal scored on us was just sloppy all-around. I still have no clue what those idiot defenders were doing in Overtime, when they let the offender just run right through them...

Anyone notice how both of Ghana's goals came with 5 min. on the clock? :D

Back