US v. Ghana

Both errors coming early in the game and then in extra time. I also don't like the coaching. He second guessed himself by starting weaker players. After the first two substitutions we picked up our play, we defended the ball better and kept Ghana on their heels.

Agreed. If you were a Brazil or Argentina you could afford to rest stars against Ghana for the next round , but this was make or break for the USA. Ghana are not a bad team.

Not a bad World Cup for America though. Strong and determined, never say die attitude. Got out of the group stage by topping the group, (lucky) draw with England....

Agreed. If you were a Brazil or Argentina you could afford to rest stars against Ghana for the next round , but this was make or break for the USA. Ghana are not a bad team.

Not a bad World Cup for America though. Strong and determined, never say die attitude. Got out of the group stage by topping the group, (lucky) draw with England....

What do you mean, (lucky)? We bested Sir Robert Green, Esq. for that draw, we did!!

:clink:

The first goal scored on us was just sloppy all-around. I still have no clue what those idiot defenders were doing in Overtime, when they let the offender just run right through them...

Anyone notice how both of Ghana's goals came with 5 min. on the clock? :D
Both goals were examples of bad defense. They let that guy behind them twice, they almost were the same goal in replay.

On another note, good luck to you chaps against the Krauts!! With America out, I think we all know who I am rooting for now...

Germany v England is always special. We beat them for the '66 win, and have lost on penalties every time we have played them in the knock-out stage since 1990. We've beaten them plenty outside the World Cup since then, beat them 5-1 in Germany.

England always plays up however in the big games, like our win over Argentina in 2002.

The thing is, if we beat our greatest arch-enemy, we are likely to face our other arch-enemy, the Argies....

Thanks for the support. We will need it! :)

Deutschland! It is the place I fell in love with the game. It is the place that celebrated their win over the Argies. I can't wait for the game.

Yeah, Brazil and Argentina are definitely the teams to beat. Compared to them, Germany is just an annoying distraction.

Never, ever under estimate the Bosche when it comes to the World Cup knockout phases.

Vorsprung Durch Technik!

If we win, it will be in 90 mins or in extra time. If it goes to penalties I will be bricking it!

Good evening gentlemen.

I have to say i too am somewhat disappointed. Probably not as disappointed as you American coves, but disappointed nonetheless. (Despite my better judgement, this being a pretty much an even game, i wagered a small amount on a USA victory.)

Good evening gentlemen.

I have to say i too am somewhat disappointed. Probably not as disappointed as you American coves, but disappointed nonetheless. (Despite my better judgement, this being a pretty much an even game, i wagered a small amount on a USA victory.)
Ehhh no biggie. It's not like the Reds lost to the Yankees in the World Series.

Last time we played them in the WS we sweped them 4 games straight.
1976. That is how far back you have to go. The Yankees won the 77 and 78 Series. Then went on to win the 96, 98, 99, 00 and 09 World Series. Since Bench what have the Reds done? One championship in 90. Oh well I guess when all you have a glory days that is what you have to go with.

1976. That is how far back you have to go. The Yankees won the 77 and 78 Series. Then went on to win the 96, 98, 99, 00 and 09 World Series. Since Bench what have the Reds done? One championship in 90. Oh well I guess when all you have a glory days that is what you have to go with.
Oh but what days they were. :)

We might be there this year. Were looking pretty good.

Back