USC Banned from Bowl Play

I am officially on Jonestown watch. I'm waiting for the report to be released today so I can see the actual charges.
Would you like yours with Kool-Aid?

Here's something that will make you feel way better Wacko.....close your eyes, relax....take a big deep breath...........

and then yell "GO BUCKEYES!" :)

With Lane Kiffin as head coach they weren't going to a top bowl.

CA, just remember that Bama was nailed a few years ago and now we are Nat'l Champs.

Maybe ya'll can do the same in.......oh..........about 2018?

The assholes won't do that. They'll give it to Oklahoma.

I don't see how they can...

Final AP Poll

1. USC (11-0)
2. Auburn (13-0)
3. Oklahoma (12-1)
4. Utah (12-0)
5. Texas (11-1)

Looks to me like Auburn has a legitimate claim to the NC, since they were ranked #2 that season. Of course, vacating the loss to USC, Oklahoma is also undefeated. They did bump AU out of the BCSNCG, so perhaps you are correct.

Poor, Poor Auburn!!

I bet Lane Kiffin is thinking leaving the Vols might not have been such a great idea.

He is now facing two years of bowl bans, and when they get back to bowling, they will be challenged by Texas & Oklahoma for the top spots. And neither of those two teams will have had scholarships cut.

I bet Lane Kiffin is thinking leaving the Vols might not have been such a great idea.

He is now facing two years of bowl bans, and when they get back to bowling, they will be challenged by Texas & Oklahoma for the top spots. And neither of those two teams will have had scholarships cut.

In a weird way this could work out better for him. He was under a lot of pressure following a legend in Pete Carroll. Now expectations have totally changed. If somehow he is able to keep the team together and to play well through the next few years he stands a chance to be the most beloved USC coach ever.

In a weird way this could work out better for him. He was under a lot of pressure following a legend in Pete Carroll. Now expectations have totally changed. If somehow he is able to keep the team together and to play well through the next few years he stands a chance to be the most beloved USC coach ever.

My prediction is, he will be an 'interim' coach, much like Mike Shula at Alabama. I always liked Shula, and like Kiff, he brought a legendary 'Dad' to the clubhouse as well... Having Don Shula help recruit was always a big plus. But Mike was not the coach to take Bama to the next level, and I think the same will be true of Kiffen at USC. He's a good coach to get you through this tough period, and better than many who could have replaced Carroll, but becoming 'most beloved'? I doubt that's how it will play out.

My prediction is, he will be an 'interim' coach, much like Mike Shula at Alabama. I always liked Shula, and like Kiff, he brought a legendary 'Dad' to the clubhouse as well... Having Don Shula help recruit was always a big plus. But Mike was not the coach to take Bama to the next level, and I think the same will be true of Kiffen at USC. He's a good coach to get you through this tough period, and better than many who could have replaced Carroll, but becoming 'most beloved'? I doubt that's how it will play out.

Well I should have added if he gets us through this and wins a national title in the next five years or so. That still may not make him the most beloved but he will have erased all internal doubters if he can pull that off.

I have no idea how he's going to do on the field. I will say I'm impressed in one area with Kiffin and that's discipline. Admittedly towards the end with Carroll things got a little loosey-goosey (is that an actual term?). He's nailing kids who show up late to class or don't go and the same for practice. During the spring game he made the kids not playing walk the Coliseum steps. Obviously remains to be seen how it translates on the field but as an alumni it is something you like to see instilled into the players.

Well I should have added if he gets us through this and wins a national title in the next five years or so. That still may not make him the most beloved but he will have erased all internal doubters if he can pull that off.

I have no idea how he's going to do on the field. I will say I'm impressed in one area with Kiffin and that's discipline. Admittedly towards the end with Carroll things got a little loosey-goosey (is that an actual term?). He's nailing kids who show up late to class or don't go and the same for practice. During the spring game he made the kids not playing walk the Coliseum steps. Obviously remains to be seen how it translates on the field but as an alumni it is something you like to see instilled into the players.

If he pulls that off, he will be NCAA Coach of the Year, maybe the Decade! It's nearly an impossible feat with the very best coach, under NCAA sanctions. I haven't followed this, but I assume they zapped your scholarships for a few years... that is costly in terms of depth.

If he pulls that off, he will be NCAA Coach of the Year, maybe the Decade! It's nearly an impossible feat with the very best coach, under NCAA sanctions. I haven't followed this, but I assume they zapped your scholarships for a few years... that is costly in terms of depth.

Oh man, they nailed us for like 30 scholarships along with the two year bowl ban. I don't know how you overcome that. The school is appealing so we'll see if there is any reduction but you are right there will be zero depth. Probably see some kids play both offense and defense too.

Back