USC Banned from Bowl Play

I know that what Bush did was wrong but how the fuck are teams supposed to monitor off campus meetins with wannabe agents and sports equipment manufactures. The NCAA is punishing USC for things that there is NO WAY any school can effectively monitor.

I know that what Bush did was wrong but how the fuck are teams supposed to monitor off campus meetins with wannabe agents and sports equipment manufactures. The NCAA is punishing USC for things that there is NO WAY any school can effectively monitor.

Thank you Soc that's what I'm saying. Many teams busted before had boosters or coaches giving kids money.

As much as it pains me to say this USC's compliance office wasn't all that great and there is no way we should have let OJ Mayo into school because he was just dirty.

I'm ok with the school being punished but I think the punishment was WAY excessive. And since you're a lawyer Soc there's been some interesting conversations on the USC board about what would hold up in court for instance vs. what passes as evidence in front of the NCAA. The NCAA can practically do what they want.

Yes, strong in the ways of the dark side, is the NCAA...

sith.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Soc that's what I'm saying. Many teams busted before had boosters or coaches giving kids money.

As much as it pains me to say this USC's compliance office wasn't all that great and there is no way we should have let OJ Mayo into school because he was just dirty.

I'm ok with the school being punished but I think the punishment was WAY excessive. And since you're a lawyer Soc there's been some interesting conversations on the USC board about what would hold up in court for instance vs. what passes as evidence in front of the NCAA. The NCAA can practically do what they want.

Boosters are not under the control of the school or the football program. Its no different than what was given to Bush's parents. And I cannot believe that Bush had no idea that someone was giving his parents money.

Boosters are not under the control of the school or the football program. Its no different than what was given to Bush's parents. And I cannot believe that Bush had no idea that someone was giving his parents money.

Bush obviously knew. The issue is whether the University knew and specifically running backs coach Todd McNair who the NCAA felt lied about his knowledge of the situation. This is where the situation gets all fuzzy because the NCAA is relying on the testimony of one of the wanna be agents who claims McNair knew but doesn't really provide any real evidence.

I'd have to read the NCAA report before I would state an opinion on the legitimacy of their actions in this case. It does appear that USC had lost institutional control of their program.

The NCAA went very easy on USC. LOL
Lane won't last 4 years.
Kid's that can will jump that sinking ship.

Back