Vancouver

Vancouver BC is the coolest city on this infernal planet. Super cool. I miss all you clowns, even the retards like Dixie. I'll be around later.

Beefy, I have missed you. I want to go there some day. My daughter and grand kids are going in July, I head to Houston then! I think I would rather do Vancouver in July! Houston is going to be humid and hot!

My friend lives in Vancouver, having emigrated there in the mid 80s, he can't stand the place anymore and wants to leave.

Living in Vancouver is actually a sweet deal financially. You can make your income in WA, and thus pay no state income tax, and you are close enough to Portland to realistically drive and do much of your shopping, and thus pay no state sales tax to OR.

Beefy, I have missed you. I want to go there some day. My daughter and grand kids are going in July, I head to Houston then! I think I would rather do Vancouver in July! Houston is going to be humid and hot!
Hell I've never even been to Vancouver and I'd rather go there than Houston.

It's always awkward being the NORAD guy when people suddenly start with Canadian-bashing. I mean, a lot of the Canadian jokes that fly around my building are uttered by Canadians, but I have always tried my best to be hospitable (although, they are easy to become friends with, in my experience). It's not easy when you have Family Guy on in the break room and they do the Canadian Alcatraz joke, or the Archer episode where they cross into Canada, or a whole host of US media, for that matter. And then some Canadian sergeant will comment that he can't wait until his country gets the internet...

:D

Back