Vive La Différence!

How will you transfer the funds to my account?

He won't need to, PBR goes for about $10 per case of 24 12 oz beers.

Why anybody would spend more than that for one of the cheapest made and worst beers in existence is beyond me.

The question is would you be honest enough to fork over the $100 US.

Budweiser is to PBR as Guinness is to Budweiser.

Budweiser isn't THAT much better than PBR. I should think that a better analogy would be that MGD is to Bud, what Bud is to PBR. Perhaps a finer light beer such as the Sam Adams' light would suffice for the analogy...

Budweiser isn't THAT much better than PBR. I should think that a better analogy would be that MGD is to Bud, what Bud is to PBR. Perhaps a finer light beer such as the Sam Adams' light would suffice for the analogy...

PBR is to Bud as Guinness is to PBR. PBR is the best American adjunct lager (what a standard).

PBR is to Bud as Guinness is to PBR. PBR is the best American adjunct lager (what a standard).

PBR is the beer alcoholics drink because it is so cheap.

They also drink Lone Star, and when it is on sale, Keystone.

But, apparently, people in Hong Kong don't know how crappy it is and are willing to pay four times what it is worth to addicts.

But, apparently, people in Hong Kong don't know how crappy it is and are willing to pay four times what it is worth to addicts.

Haters gonna hate. I love PBR.

He won't need to, PBR goes for about $10 per case of 24 12 oz beers.

Why anybody would spend more than that for one of the cheapest made and worst beers in existence is beyond me.

The question is would you be honest enough to fork over the $100 US.

Sorry buddy. I know you are american and all that and thus can never be wrong, but the product sold for $44.00 per bottle in China is NOT AVAILABLE in America.
So you lose.
Let's face it, no American could afford it.

As far as I can tell the product is available only in mainland China. That is not in Hong Kong although I wouldnt mind betting a few bottles do find there way here.
Geography not one of your strong suits?

Sorry buddy. I know you are american and all that and thus can never be wrong, but the product sold for $44.00 per bottle in China is NOT AVAILABLE in America.
So you lose.
Let's face it, no American could afford it.

Its the same shit low. You can ask the brewery. A different package doesn't make the recipe any different.

Its the same shit low. You can ask the brewery. A different package doesn't make the recipe any different.
It is a different product. The product is the content and the packaging. In this case it may well be that the content itself cost less than in the US. So sorry General, you still lose. Actually the content itself might well be different, neither you nor I are likely to get the opportunity to try it. It will be made with Chinese water and Chinese chemicals as well as Chinese glass and Chinese labelling. It will be bought by customers with even less knowledge of beer than the average American and it will not be bought as a beverage.
This is supposed to be a true story and happened in a restaurant in Guangzhou.
Businessman Wong had invited Businessman Chan to dinner at an expensive restaurant. Their staff and hangers on made three full tables, a total of 36 souls. Nearing the end of the meal at which the two men had vied with each other for 'face' Wong ordered a bottle of the very best cognac and proceeded to pour a tumblerful for his guest (Honestly, that is how they serve brandy! Sometimes it is even a plastic tumbler!!) saying, 'My business is very successful. I can afford this finest Cignac for my guests.'
Chan sipped it and emptied his glass. He signalled to the waiter for two bottles of the same, saying, 'And my business is so successful I can afford to double anything you can buy.'
Wong's response was easy.'Bring me three bottles of the same,' he called to the waiter. When they arrived he stood up to leave and as he did opened the three bottles and poured their contents onto the floor of the restaurant, calling to the waiter, 'Send me the bill for everything.'
So you see US$44 for a bottle of beer is easy.

Back