Voting in Ohio

Which one should I vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just wanted Kasich to beat Trump because I can't stand Trump's boasting and gloating. I want to see him eat a piece of humble pie.

I know, wishful thinking. :)
I don't care much about those things. I want to hire someone to get a job done without blowing up half the planet. I mean think about it. Who in their right mind would trust Donald Trump with access to the bomb? Him or Cruz.

I don't trust The Donald in anything. He's probably lying about everything except trade, including immigration, because illegals help his businesses.

Funny, I picture Woody as more of a Trump guy myself.
Woody? A Trump guy? Not bloody likely. Woody was an establishment conservative. He was no ideologue or populist. That and he was a very loyal man and loyal to his State and University and since Kasich is an OSU alum...yea Woody would have been out there beating the drums for Kasich. Woody was always ready to reach out and help another Buckeye.

Last edited:
Get real, guys. Woody would have been out there suckerpunching protestors!
Not unless they wore a helmet and were carrying a football.

In the early 70's when there were riots at Ohio State protesting the War in Vietnam Woody came out and talked with protesters when no one else had the balls too and engaged with them and he did so in a very respectful manner and the protestors listened to him. They largely didn't agree with him but they did listen to him peacefully. Woody always cared deeply about the Students at OSU.

http://plunderbund.com/2014/04/30/the-1970-ohio-state-riots-bigger-and-more-violent-than-kent-state/

Not unless they wore a helmet and were carrying a football.

In the early 70's when there were riots at Ohio State protesting the War in Vietnam Woody came out and talked with protesters when no one else had the balls too and engaged with them and he did so in a very respectful manner and the protestors listened to him. They largely didn't agree with him but they did listen to him peacefully. Woody always cared deeply about the Students at OSU.

http://plunderbund.com/2014/04/30/the-1970-ohio-state-riots-bigger-and-more-violent-than-kent-state/

Plus, if they would have harmed him, the attackers would have been hanged from the goalposts, and the protest movement in Ohio would have died with them. :D

Plus, if they would have harmed him, the attackers would have been hanged from the goalposts, and the protest movement in Ohio would have died with them. :D
I don't know about that. It was a different time. The main beef back then was that at 18 you couldn't buy a drink and you couldn't buy a house and you couldn't vote but you could get drafted to go fight and die in an unpopular foreign war. They had a good point. If you're going to have to fight and die in a war you should at least have the right to have a say about it.

Yes, I believe during WWII, the military allowed for service members to drink as a reward. Not sure if any such generosity was extended during Vietnam, or even during Korea.

Great story from a guy who was at my unit when I first arrived. While a young airman in the 80s, he attended tech school in a southern state with age 18 as the drinking age, and could therefore drink while off duty. He then arrived at a different southern state where the age was 21. His new commander, a good-ole-boy, got promoted from Lt Col to Col. While at the ceremony, this newly minted colonel swings by him, stops, and says, "son, I do not see you with a drink in your hand at my promotion ceremony." He responds, "sorry, sir, I can't. I'm not 21." This good-ole-boy responds indignantly, "son, this is my promotion ceremony, and at my promotion ceremony, you certainly will have a drink." He then places a drink in his hand, and wanders off.

Last edited:
It's frustrating to a lot of boomers who lead the political charge to give youths more political freedom and rights to see that most of todays generation at 19 are more interested in playing hacky Sack or Frizbee chucking than protecting their own rights and over the last 25 years those rights that were so hard won for todays youths are being eroded away by the apathy of todays youths.

Knowing you could be arbitrarily drafted, enforced into military service and to fight and die in a foreign war so that KBR and Shell Oil can hit 25% margins does tend to motivate you to get politically organized when you're young.

It's frustrating to a lot of boomers who lead the political charge to give youths more political freedom and rights to see that most of todays generation at 19 are more interested in playing hacky Sack or Frizbee chucking than protecting their own rights and over the last 25 years those rights that were so hard won for todays youths are being eroded away by the apathy of todays youths.

Knowing you could be arbitrarily drafted, enforced into military service and to fight and die in a foreign war so that KBR and Shell Oil can hit 25% margins does tend to motivate you to get politically organized when you're young.

I wasn't aware that the US was still drafting recruits!!

Back