Walmart Responsible for Gunmen?

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/17/playstation.ap/index.html

I think the stores should be held partially liable for stuff like this. Not just Walmart. They know that people are going to be lined up waiting for the release of game systems. They should either have sufficient security or get another system in place. They know fully well how many systems they have and that the demand is higher than the supply. Every year someone gets hurt because of stampedes or crap like this. Why are they still doing the same things?

Well I don't think they should be legally responsible for that stuff. They know it is gonna happen though. They could have a lottery though like they have in Japan for stuff like this. That's what I'd do.

Well I don't think they should be legally responsible for that stuff. They know it is gonna happen though. They could have a lottery though like they have in Japan for stuff like this. That's what I'd do.

That's the thing. They KNOW its going to happen. It happens every year. Why keep doing it? Either have a lottery like you suggested or let people reserve it and have scheduled pick up times. If they don't pick it up at the scheduled pick up time it goes to someone else. Its not rocket science. I think they exploit the situation for marketing purposes to hype up the product which makes it even more ridiculous.

They better hope I'm not on the jury if htey get sued.

Blame wal mart! LOL typical liberal. I say anyone stupid enought to wait in line to pay $600 for a game deserves to be robbed. One way or the other!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/17/playstation.ap/index.html

I think the stores should be held partially liable for stuff like this. Not just Walmart. They know that people are going to be lined up waiting for the release of game systems. They should either have sufficient security or get another system in place. They know fully well how many systems they have and that the demand is higher than the supply. Every year someone gets hurt because of stampedes or crap like this. Why are they still doing the same things?

I blame the people stupid enough to fight and such over a game console, not the retailer.

I went to best buys yesterday at like 8;45 walked up in line stood there for a second adn the person in front of me told me I was the 89th person in line and that they had 102 game systems.

I stood in line for about 20 minutes and bought a system.

I didnt even know they were coming out that day until that morning around 6.

My husband played Link all day yeaterday, link has always been his favorite.

I went to best buys yesterday at like 8;45 walked up in line stood there for a second adn the person in front of me told me I was the 89th person in line and that they had 102 game systems.

I stood in line for about 20 minutes and bought a system.

I didnt even know they were coming out that day until that morning around 6.

My husband played Link all day yeaterday, link has always been his favorite.

I have issues with stores that know how many they have in their inventory and let more people stand outside than known supplies.

We should blame Sony for making a popular product. I mean, let's go right to the source!

If you know there are going to be problems and you've had this very thing happen before, shouldn't you be proactive in keeping your customers safe?

Hummm....

Kinda like the VA hospitals ?

Where do you live...as you keep taking shots at VA hospitals...I have used the VA hospital in Reno Nevada never had a problem like those you addressed...must be a regional or local issue! In Reno if they can't address your medical issue they refer you to outside medical care and pick up the tab!

I agree Lady T , I have to give best buys the props for coming out and making sure the people in line knew wether they were getting one or not.

If you know there are going to be problems and you've had this very thing happen before, shouldn't you be proactive in keeping your customers safe?
Not particularly, WalMart isn't in the Security business. Sony should have made sure they had an infinite supply, right? Shouldn't they know that this will happen? Come on....

The only ones that are culpable are the retards who think shooting people over a game is important.

Not like that here in KY. The VA hospital at lexington is very slow. My ex FIL had to wait almost 2 months for stints. By that time more of his heart had died....I avoid the VA for treatment, I just go there and wirk with disabled Vets 4 times a month.

all this kinda reminds me of the people trampling each other and such over cabbage patch dolls. Stupid people......

I agree Lady T , I have to give best buys the props for coming out and making sure the people in line knew wether they were getting one or not.

Exactly. It wasn't too difficult you had a reasonable wait and there were no stampedes for the last ones.

Damo I think walmart was stupid for not protecting the Co name by allowing it to get dangerous for their customer to do business at their store.

Damo I think walmart was stupid for not protecting the Co name by allowing it to get dangerous for their customer to do business at their store.
But making them culpable? They may be stupid, but they are not criminal. Next time those people will be more likely to go to Best Buy.

Problem fixed, I just sent WalMart an email telling them to sell no more PS3's.
Perhaps it should be a federal law since selling PS3's seems to cause crime ?

Back