War Remnants Museum Saigon

cancel2 2022

Canceled
Fascinating place to visit, full of US military hardware like a Chinook helicopter, F5-A fighter, M41 and M43 tanks, 155 mm self propelled gun and enough small arms to make even Barstool Billy cream his jeans. I was especially taken with a statue of a Vietnamese woman made from shrapnel, really clever and profound. There are also many personal items that have been donated by ex-GI's, including caps, badges, lighters etc.

mother.jpg

Last edited:
Fascinating place to visit, full of US military hardware like a Chinook helicopter, F5-A fighter, M41 and M43 tanks, 155 mm self propelled gun and enough small arms to make even Barstool Billy cream his jeans. I was especially taken with a statue of a Vietnamese woman made from shrapnel, really clever and profound. There are also many personal items that have been donated by ex-GI's, including caps, badges, lighters etc.

I'd love to see it, maybe someday. Thanks for posting the picture.

I'd love to see it, maybe someday. Thanks for posting the picture.
There is a fair bit of propaganda in there as well but to be fair the US isn't exactly backward on that score either. There are some really gory photographs from the war. Not really surprised at the lack of responses although a tad miffed that signal man Kenneth, and Rana haven't said anything.

Vietnam was actually very cool for February, indeed North Vietnam actually had some snow at the start, an unprecedented event apparently. Thailand is very cool as well and the temperature is reputed to drop by around 8 degrees over the next few days!

There is a fair bit of propaganda in there as well but to be fair the US isn't exactly backward on that score either. There are some really gory photographs from the war. Not really surprised at the lack of responses although a tad miffed that signal man Kenneth, and Rana haven't said anything.

Not surprised about the propaganda, it happens here too.

God bless the warriors who fell bravely defending their homeland during the War of Resistance against American Aggression.
Ho Chi Minh could speak 28 languages but he was still a bastard. I went to see a house where he stayed in Thailand near Udon Thani the other day back in the 20s, actually it was a reconstruction to be exact.

Ho Chi Minh could speak 28 languages but he was still a bastard. I went to see a house where he stayed in Thailand near Udon Thani the other day back in the 20s, actually it was a reconstruction to be exact.

Sucking post even by your meagre standards.
Why not visit Auschwitz and expect a cheerful response douchebag?

Sucking post even by your meagre standards.
Why not visit Auschwitz and expect a cheerful response douchebag?
I've been to Auschwitz. In fact I went with a really good American guy who was working for Sprint at the time in Warsaw. I am not really sure why I've even rattled your cage but I learnt some time back that you are not like other men. Uncle Ho is detested in Saigon and very few of the locals will ever call it Ho Chi Minh City, maybe if you got off your arse and went there you'd know that.

I've been to Auschwitz. In fact I went with a really good American guy who was working for Sprint at the time in Warsaw. I am not really sure why I've even rattled your cage but I learnt some time back that you are not like other men. Uncle Ho is detested in Saigon and very few of the locals will ever call it Ho Chi Minh City, maybe if you got off your arse and went there you'd know that.

With all the stuff I've read about the concentration camps, the pictures from the liberations, the cattle cars, the executions, and the ovens; I'm not sure I could handle walking into Auschwitz

There is no such thing as Saigon.

One of the hotels I stayed in was called the Sabah Saigon, but according to you it doesn't exist! Maybe one day you might get some money together and do some travelling.

With all the stuff I've read about the concentration camps, the pictures from the liberations, the cattle cars, the executions, and the ovens; I'm not sure I could handle walking into Auschwitz

Well it is certainly not for the fainthearted but the likes of Moonbat ought to go there and see first hand what real fascists were like.

Back