Was Robert E Lee Irish or Scottish?

trump came up with a fake Lee quote that makes Lee sound like he had either Irish or Scottish accent. There was a time Irish and Scottish would have been considered "races", but not recently. And accents are not "race" based.
A fact that clearly confused the MAGAts. They lalp up whatever Trump is spewing.

Agreed on the antiquated view of different races. Human beings seem to enjoy demeaning their fellow humans as a predecessor to stealing from them, raping them or murdering them. No doubt the Redcoats used the same strategy on their fellow islanders.

The British government didn't start the Irish potato blight, but they could have done more when it happened. They could have tried to feed a large part of the Irish population but they didn't. The Tories didn't want to spend that much money, and the Whigs were strongly committed to "free trade".

If millions of people had been starving in the English Home Counties, I think the response would have been different.

A fact that clearly confused the MAGAts. They lalp up whatever Trump is spewing.

Agreed on the antiquated view of different races. Human beings seem to enjoy demeaning their fellow humans as a predecessor to stealing from them, raping them or murdering them. No doubt the Redcoats used the same strategy on their fellow islanders.
what Lee quote?

nobody knows what you're talking about.

only you are lapping it up, Licky.

The British government didn't start the Irish potato blight, but they could have done more when it happened. They could have tried to feed a large part of the Irish population but they didn't. The Tories didn't want to spend that much money, and the Whigs were strongly committed to "free trade".

If millions of people had been starving in the English Home Counties, I think the response would have been different.
The British set up the conditions for the mass starvation. Denying British culpability is like saying Captain Smith wasn't responsible for over 1500 deaths because he didn't build the Titanic nor create the iceberg.

Interesting that the fucking English don't believe Ireland was part of the "English Home Counties". LOL It's a tacit admission of an occupying army.

Some people are really dumb.

He was American.
Lee's family had been in the USA since way before the USA existed(or should I say what would become the USA). By the Civil War, they had been in Virginia for about 200 years. He would have had an upper class Virginia accent, slightly modified with a lot of contact with other states. He put a fair bit of effort into using good grammar.

He did not have a Scottish accent like trump would have us believe.

Lee's family had been in the USA since way before the USA existed(or should I say what would become the USA). By the Civil War, they had been in Virginia for about 200 years. He would have had an upper class Virginia accent, slightly modified with a lot of contact with other states. He put a fair bit of effort into using good grammar.

He did not have a Scottish accent like trump would have us believe.
this is important.

Back