Watch an Asteroid Vaporize Life on Earth in This Scary Simulation

[FONT=&]What would happen if (when?) a 310-mile-wide asteroid collides with Earth? That’s the fun question behind the simulation in the video below. And the answer is terrifying. But it turns out you shouldn’t be concerned.

For one, it’s not a scenario that’s going to happen anytime soon. Secondly, there’s nothing you can do about it anyway. All life on Earth would be vaporized within a day as clouds of fire and rock circumnavigated the globe. So don’t worry about it.[/FONT]

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/watch-asteroid-vaporize-life-earth-132826443.html

You had me right up until, "Fun question"!

First of all we don't have trillions of nukes?!!

How big would a meteor have to be to destroy Earth?

Image result for how powerful is a 300 mile meteor if it hit earth
Ultimately, scientists estimate that an asteroid would have to be about 96 km (60 miles) wide to completely and utterly wipe out life on our planet.

A 300 mile meteor is more powerful than all the nukes on earth too?!!

So, goodnight and sleep well, everyone!!!

It's an exaggeration but it illustrates my point. Asteroids just zip by Earth all the time. Nothing has happened for millions of years. Though the Tunguska event is an interesting one. Nobody knows what happened there.

That said, there are many mad men with nukes out there with itchy fingers. That's a whole different animal.

Quick question: Why don't they call asteroids, "hemorrhoids" and hemorrhoids, "ass-troids"? The lack of proper planning when penning the English language perplexes me at times.

Edit: By the way, "NO" I am not high. Shame on you for suggesting that!

1970s Rock group favored by stoners. Have you ever laid on top of a large speaker and cranked up the bass? Some albums are good for that, some not so much. Pink Floyd is good for it. Lots of bass, very melodic.

No, I have not laid on a speaker or sat on a dryer, but you do you, my friend!

Quick question: Why don't they call asteroids, "hemorrhoids" and hemorrhoids, "ass-troids"? The lack of proper planning when penning the English language perplexes me at times.

Edit: By the way, "NO" I am not high. Shame on you for suggesting that!

:rofl2:

What's he talking about? And also, you know what else, "blows"? You guessed it: Titties&Beer.

2012movie-charlie-frost.gif

Back