weird dog

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
she's 6 months old and scared of everything. OH, and she just had an accident. She's just now starting to play with stuff.

Congrats.

My old boy whos now gone (a lab mix) seemed fine after we got him until one day my husband raised his voice. The dog took off like a shot into the back yard and got himself as far away as he could bundled himself up against a wall and just shivered. My husband went to were he was and just petted him and talked sweet to him until he felt better. He still did it whenever my husband raised his voice for months. He was a year old when we got him. You never know what the poor babies have been through. Some are just natural born chickens too though just like people.

Remember to praise them when you see them potty outside.

Congrats.

My old boy whos now gone (a lab mix) seemed fine after we got him until one day my husband raised his voice. The dog took off like a shot into the back yard and got himself as far away as he could bundled himself up against a wall and just shivered. My husband went to were he was and just petted him and talked sweet to him until he felt better. He still did it whenever my husband raised his voice for months. He was a year old when we got him. You never know what the poor babies have been through. Some are just natural born chickens too though just like people.

Remember to praise them when you see them potty outside.

He hasn't taken a dump in the house yet, so that's a good thing. So far she goes outside and we do praise her when she does. we're trying to work on "Sit"

That is a good sign.

A tip for cleaning up dog pee on carpet or furniture is to flush it with water and then fold up a towel and place it on the spot and stomp all over the towel to blot up the water/pee.

That is a good sign.

A tip for cleaning up dog pee on carpet or furniture is to flush it with water and then fold up a towel and place it on the spot and stomp all over the towel to blot up the water/pee.
Use PetZyme. It uses natural enzymes to actually negate the effect. First do what Desh said, then spray liberally with PetZyme.

she's 6 months old and scared of everything. OH, and she just had an accident. She's just now starting to play with stuff.

Grind thinks you look like this:

rd.jpg

Use PetZyme. It uses natural enzymes to actually negate the effect. First do what Desh said, then spray liberally with PetZyme.

I may have to get it. this little pissant just peed on the floors that we just had redone!

She's actually very sweet though. She is a good dog now that she's getting used to us. Although, she doesn't eat a whole lot. I'm trying to train her to sit and she doesn't even seem all that interested in the treats. and I have like 20 different kinds.

I may have to get it. this little pissant just peed on the floors that we just had redone!

She's actually very sweet though. She is a good dog now that she's getting used to us. Although, she doesn't eat a whole lot. I'm trying to train her to sit and she doesn't even seem all that interested in the treats. and I have like 20 different kinds.

They will hold back eating when they are ajusting to a place. When she starts to really trust you love her she will start gobbling the treats. First she needs to find her place in the pack. Make sure she knows you and your man are the alphas and shes the beta. She sounds like a natural Beta and will be very happy in that position. My dog is a natural alpha and it is sometimes funny how she tries to boss me arround.

Also don't confuse her with too many different ones. Dogs diets should be limited.

Good point Damo , you never know what they can and cant eat. I have a family memeber that has a Boxer rescue who can only eat prescription food and when it gets over excited it gets sick and cant keep food down and its intestinal system goes all out of wack even on the prescription food. Some are allergic to things like peanut butter which my dog loves and we use to give medications in.

We've made a conscience decision to only give her dog food and treats when she does something good. She really is a sweet heart though. If it weren't for the peeing she'd be perfect. She's got the best temperment in the world.

The peeing will get in line. Be firm and loving. Carpet can be replaced but the love of a good dog is priceless.

The peeing will get in line. Be firm and loving. Carpet can be replaced but the love of a good dog is priceless.

I think so too. Its just fustrating. She soooooo sweet though otherwise. I absolutely adore her and miss her already. She is learning stuff quickly though. We're working on sit.

Back