Well... I'm the proud owner of a brand new Silverado

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
We stopped by to see if we could save a bit by trading two vehicles into one, they actually paid me to take the vehicle when I was done. Not kidding.

The Silverado gets 20 to 23 MPG on the highway, and almost all my driving counts as highway driving. So, I get about half of my gas mileage with the hybrid, but twice what I got with my Titan.

With the drop in insurance and getting rid of a car payment I'm sitting pretty.

:cof1:

Well done, Damo.

Not a bad ride either, are they? I drive an 08 Silverado at work. 4 door model makes the bed a bit short, but so far thats the worst complaint I have.

Well done, Damo.

Not a bad ride either, are they? I drive an 08 Silverado at work. 4 door model makes the bed a bit short, but so far thats the worst complaint I have.
Not a bad ride at all, and I'm already used to the short bed, I had that with the Titan. It is a bit longer than the Titan and I'll have to get used to that.

Mostly I wanted a mid-range between the hybrid and the truck and this was pretty much it. At first I was going to wait until October or so for the hybrid trucks but they only up the highway mileage by 1, so why bother?

Mine has done everything I have needed it to do.

Easy to go too fast on the highway, which means a smooth ride.

The armrest in the doors is pretty hard. On long trips that gets uncomfortable. But then, thats not much of a complaint.

I miss my Yukon occasionally, but overall I am impressed with the truck.

Good on you for getting such a deal.

Wow... and the pinheads claimed no one would ever buy a car from a bankrupt auto maker! :)

I have been driving a GMC or Chev for over a decade. I never said I wouldn't buy from anyone.

Congrats, Damo! We still have our '01 Silverado HD diesel; it gets great mileage and pulls better than anything else we've used.

What size engine, I may be in the market. Didn't know GM made a full size that got 23mpg with a 6cy
It's an 8 cylinder, and they advertise it at 20, but on user sites they report getting an average of 23 on the highway, with about 17 in the city.

I'm going to improve filters and do a couple other things that I can do to extend even that. I might be able to get as much as 25 highway MPG on it.

Chevy uses a system that shuts down portions of the engine when cruising the highway and it saves on gas therefore.

Chevy uses a system that shuts down portions of the engine when cruising the highway and it saves on gas therefore.

There is a setting for the dash indicators that lets you see exactly what you mileage are getting at that moment.

Hit the accelerator hard and you can see it drop down into single digits. On the highway as it cruises the mileage is in the low 20s. Coasting down a hill I have hit 90 mpg.

There is a setting for the dash indicators that lets you see exactly what you mileage are getting at that moment.

Hit the accelerator hard and you can see it drop down into single digits. On the highway as it cruises the mileage is in the low 20s. Coasting down a hill I have hit 90 mpg.
Yup. I still haven't figured out all the features. I do like the remote start. I need to learn stations on the XM radio. I'll see how much I like it and I'll purchase it if it's a good product.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it. Nice smell....

I have the off-road and the tow-package and pretty much all the options but leather and butt warmers.

ahhhh, I love seat warmers. My car has them. I'm pretty sure I'll use them in the summer when I crank up the AC

ahhhh, I love seat warmers. My car has them. I'm pretty sure I'll use them in the summer when I crank up the AC
Wouldn't it defeat the purpose? They get rather warm.

My wife loves them too, but then she has them in her car, it's only mine that doesn't have them although I've thought of getting them installed after market.

Seat warmers are the best. I can keep the sunroof open or windows down or ac on.. turn on my passenger seat warmer to high and hear no complaints. In the past i had to deal with heat from the vents to keep my passenger from complaining that shes cold.

Back