Well... I'm the proud owner of a brand new Silverado

I would love seat warmers in the passenger seat. But I don't care for them. I am naturally warm natured. Let me turn my wife's seat up to the "Grill" setting, and turn the A/C on my side, and we will both be happy.

I'm going to look for one of those, don't think ford has the cylinder shut down.
I'd be thrilled with 20 out of a V8. Don't think you can resonably expect 23 and you might get 25 downhill.
I'll need the towing capacity for the boat I'll buy when the market comes back.

I'm going to look for one of those, don't think ford has the cylinder shut down.
I'd be thrilled with 20 out of a V8. Don't think you can resonably expect 23 and you might get 25 downhill.
I'll need the towing capacity for the boat I'll buy when the market comes back.

Downhill I have hit 90 mpg! (the sad part is it never lasts) lol

I didn't get 20hwy with a v6 in a explorer a couple yrs ago. The new EPA numbers are way more real world than before I bet for the V8 it's like 18hwy which isn't bad.

I would love seat warmers in the passenger seat. But I don't care for them. I am naturally warm natured. Let me turn my wife's seat up to the "Grill" setting, and turn the A/C on my side, and we will both be happy.

Dude, you live in Alabama, come up where I live and start your car on a February morning.....you'll looooooove seat warmers! :)

I looked up the smallest V8 and it's was 18hwy
Look up 2009, the Silverado is 20 MPG highway. I have the window sticker. What makes the difference is the new control that shuts off half the engine when cruising on the highway.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/25584.shtml

Here's a link to the very real EPA figure of 20 MPG for the highway. While if you go to some user sites you will find that they are averaging higher than that.

Dude, you live in Alabama, come up where I live and start your car on a February morning.....you'll looooooove seat warmers! :)

I live in Alabama. But I have worked in PA, NY, MD, and some other places with cold weather. If I were wearing dress pants I might like a seat warmer. But I am pretty much doing that only at weddings, funerals and graduations now, so it makes it much easier.

Besides, a warm ass is what a long coat is for. I have a nice one for dressed up occasions and one for work.

Look up 2009, the Silverado is 20 MPG highway. I have the window sticker. What makes the difference is the new control that shuts off half the engine when cruising on the highway.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/25584.shtml

Here's a link to the very real EPA figure of 20 MPG for the highway. While if you go to some user sites you will find that they are averaging higher than that.

thanks dano what engine is that the more expensive 5.4 ltr prob worth the extra grand for 2 or 3 mpg hwy over the life of the truck, bet it has a lot more pep too.

thanks dano what engine is that the more expensive 5.4 ltr prob worth the extra grand for 2 or 3 mpg hwy over the life of the truck, bet it has a lot more pep too.
With that, add a tonneau cover and some good filtration and I'll do better than the average.

And it runs awesome...

I'm trying to keep my streak of never paying over $20,000 for a car/truck alive. Don't think I could get an extended cab V8 for that. But if I can stay under say 23,000 might be worth it long term.

I'm trying to keep my streak of never paying over $20,000 for a car/truck alive. Don't think I could get an extended cab V8 for that. But if I can stay under say 23,000 might be worth it long term.
It depends on what your trades are worth.

I got a quote of 22,500 on a crewcab tundra that will tow way more than I'll ever need.
Which is still... (do I have to say it...) more than 20K... You can get a crappy bottom-of-the-line F-150 for under 20K. But you won't like it.

Or buy something used.
Then you sacrifice the gas mileage. Basically he'll always be behind on the technology, it's like buying a television that's over a year old from Best Buy. Sure it's cheaper, but there is a reason it is cheaper.

Then you sacrifice the gas mileage. Basically he'll always be behind on the technology, it's like buying a television that's over a year old from Best Buy. Sure it's cheaper, but there is a reason it is cheaper.

True enough.

If you want the leading edge you have to pay for it.

Back