Well this sucks for vacation.

Jade Dragon

And I'm the one that jaded you.
Highway 2, in Wisconsin, that we would be taking in 9 days, is washed out from flood waters it seems.

cee2eb-20180617-flooding04.jpg

The detour they have adds an hour to the trip it seems.

But it'll be a scenic hour!

That's kind of a bummer; we were planning to visit Bayfield/Apostle Islands later this year. Have to travel that same route. It really is beautiful country. You won't mind the detour too much.

It says the road will reopen in December. There are side roads around the closure, but I have no clue what shape they are in. They aren't blocked off like this though, so it's worth a try. The first day through these areas, to our first destination is just under 14 hours of drive time alone. Mom wants to start at 4-5 in the morning. I'd rather not take the route adding another hour.

It says the road will reopen in December. There are side roads around the closure, but I have no clue what shape they are in. They aren't blocked off like this though, so it's worth a try. The first day through these areas, to our first destination is just under 14 hours of drive time alone. Mom wants to start at 4-5 in the morning. I'd rather not take the route adding another hour.

Damn, that's a long time! There aren't any other routes that just bypass this area?

Who is driving? The driver usually picks the starting and stopping times.

Back