Well this sucks for vacation.

Change of plans. Mom wants to take a more familiar route down through Chicago, and extend getting to Grand Forks to two days, leaving a day earlier. She decided we shouldn't push it, and exhaust ourselves the first day. We used to take this route all the time. Taking it on or 09 trip, and several trips to visit, when my brother lived in Chicago.

Change of plans. Mom wants to take a more familiar route down through Chicago, and extend getting to Grand Forks to two days, leaving a day earlier. She decided we shouldn't push it, and exhaust ourselves the first day. We used to take this route all the time. Taking it on or 09 trip, and several trips to visit, when my brother lived in Chicago.

Well, that helps with the anxiety, eh? Sounds like a wise plan.

PS -- When you have time look at the Gofundme I just posted on my FB. It's for my friend and classmate's family. Their home was destroyed. Her mom, dad, and 3 sibs who were at home had to wait in the upstairs till a hook and ladder truck could get there and extend the ladder to the roof to help them escape. Just incredible.

Last edited:
Well, that helps with the anxiety, eh? Sounds like a wise plan.

PS -- When you have time look at the Gofundme I just posted on my FB. It's for my friend and classmate's family. Their home was destroyed. Her mom, dad, and 3 sibs who were at home had to wait in the upstairs till a hook and ladder truck could get there and extend the ladder to the roof to help them escape. Just incredible.

The new first day goal. is to get to a place called Wisconsin Dells.

Back