We've got an election tommorrow

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
I'm pretty certain that everyone and everything I vote for is going to lose in a landslide. I live in a especially stupid part of an especially stupid country, I guess that's what happens. Garbage in, garbage out.

I'm pretty certain that everyone and everything I vote for is going to lose in a landslide. I live in a especially stupid part of an especially stupid country, I guess that's what happens. Garbage in, garbage out.

LOL.

Of course, say it with me now, "This is what democracy looks like!"

We have a Mayorial (sp?) election tomorrow in San Francisco. Between 12 and 16 people are running and we are using ranked choice voting which means someone can finish in 5th place and still win. Great system.

Potentially our elections are far more fun. The Cantonese suffer from what linguists call 'lalation' which is the inability to distinguish between the sounds of the letter 'l' and the sound of the letter 'r'.
So, Miss Wong, what did we have last Sunday?
Ohh... weren't you the lucky one!

Huge election here on Ohio. We have three major ballot issues. Issue one raises the age limit from 70 to 75 for which someone can run for the Judiciary. Issue two is to approve or reject Senate Bill #5 the famous union busting law and Issue 3 is to make it law that no one can be required to purchase health insurance.

I don't know where issue 1 stands in the polls but I am voting no cause with 6 year terms that would put a number of 81 year old Jurist on the bench. Though I don't doubt that some still have the skills to manage the job but common sense says most don't. This is an attempt to fix something that isn't broke.

Issue 2 is a classic example of over reach. State Republican, instead of bringing labor to the table has tried to unilaterally end what most in the civilized world consider a fundamental human right. Polls show that Senate Bill 5 will be rejected in a land slide.

Issue #3. This one should throw politicians a curve considering how pissed the public is over Senate bill 5 this one may pass. It's essentially a SOP to the health insurance industry that would prohibit any requirement to purchase health insurance. I'm not a lawyer but there's a good chance that this is trumped by federal law and could be a waste of time. A universal mandate is an essential requirement for reforming health care in our nation so I oppose this issue and will vote no. If it wins I think it would be hillareous if it back fires on the insurance industry. If I can't be compelled to purchase health insurance then, using the same logic, how can I be compelled to purchase auto insurance?

If I can't be compelled to purchase health insurance then, using the same logic, how can I be compelled to purchase auto insurance?

That is a very tired, worn out argument. But then, I'm certain you are aware of that. Tell a lie loud enough and often enough, and the people will believe it, right?

You are required to purchase auto insurance if you choose to own a vehicle and operate it on public roads. To opt out is simple: don't drive a vehicle on public roads. By comparison, a health insurance mandate requires you to purchase health insurance simply on the basis of being alive, which means the only way to opt out is to die.

Okay, Washington State, its time to VOTE YES on I-1183!!

For one thing, it would be nice to see the NO campaign lose, just on the basis of their incessant lying in their stupid tv ads. Don't lie in your tv ads, initiative campaign groups, it really isn't cool!! I wish AG Rob McKenna would fucking sue the NO campaign for it.

Secondly, it really is childish that we have a state run licquor business. That's really what I have imagined government doing my whole life. If licquor is really such a bad thing, then ban it. Don't tell me that the availability of licquor in stores will make it easier for teens to drink it, because its already illegal for them to have it, even if they are 18 or 19, and should be allowed to because they are fucking adults under the law. Its also illegal to drink and drive (especially in WA, where a cop can just say you were driving under the influence without providing reasonable data, and you have yourself a nifty DUI).

That is a very tired, worn out argument. But then, I'm certain you are aware of that. Tell a lie loud enough and often enough, and the people will believe it, right?

You are required to purchase auto insurance if you choose to own a vehicle and operate it on public roads. To opt out is simple: don't drive a vehicle on public roads. By comparison, a health insurance mandate requires you to purchase health insurance simply on the basis of being alive, which means the only way to opt out is to die.

Yeah, don't get that argument either. I live in a big city. Many people here don't have cars as they get around on public transportation. They are not forced to buy auto insurance. (Unless you are forced to get auto insurance just by having a license and I'm unaware of that but I thought my friends who don't have cars said they didn't have to buy it.)

Yeah, don't get that argument either. I live in a big city. Many people here don't have cars as they get around on public transportation. They are not forced to buy auto insurance. (Unless you are forced to get auto insurance just by having a license and I'm unaware of that but I thought my friends who don't have cars said they didn't have to buy it.)
Think Wacko! Tell me how many areas of this nation where choosing not to drive is an option? Where it's actuall a choice? Where I live if you don't drive, you don't work. That's a bogus argument. Madating auto insurance is the exact same logic as mandating health insurance in that the uninsured cause substantial cost to the insured.

We have a Mayorial (sp?) election tomorrow in San Francisco. Between 12 and 16 people are running and we are using ranked choice voting which means someone can finish in 5th place and still win. Great system.

You are judging their place by how they would finish in another highly flawed system. Ranked choice is infinitely better than the idiocy that is plurality. Plurality is pretty much the worst way you could ever think of to pick a winner.

Potentially our elections are far more fun. The Cantonese suffer from what linguists call 'lalation' which is the inability to distinguish between the sounds of the letter 'l' and the sound of the letter 'r'.
So, Miss Wong, what did we have last Sunday?
Ohh... weren't you the lucky one!

L and r are allophones. We much up their language in a similar way, being unable to distinguish between aspirated and unaspirated t.

Wow, you just have to completely and totally do without a car to not use auto insurance. That's so goddamn practical.

They are both times when it is good in the general picture that everyone have insurance.

Wow, you just have to completely and totally do without a car to not use auto insurance. That's so goddamn practical.

They are both times when it is good in the general picture that everyone have insurance.

Plenty of people do without cars. There's public transportation, there's your feet, there are bicycles, there are carpools. Save money and good for the environment. Why hate on that?

Think Wacko! Tell me how many areas of this nation where choosing not to drive is an option? Where it's actuall a choice? Where I live if you don't drive, you don't work. That's a bogus argument. Madating auto insurance is the exact same logic as mandating health insurance in that the uninsured cause substantial cost to the insured.

You may wish to try that 'thinking' thing out for yourself.

Chicago, San Fran, NYC, just to name a few.... how many people in those cities don't have a car?

Also, mandating auto insurance is NOT the same thing as health. Auto insurance mandates are primarily revolving around protecting OTHER people in case you hit them or about protecting the lender who provides you with a loan on your car.

Health insurance is about the individual protecting themselves or not. But I know, your Dem masters told you to shout that it was the same. Just as they told you to shout consensus on global warming. Just as they taught you to shout 'they want to kill old people' when talking about medicare reform. You truly are a good little parrot.

You may wish to try that 'thinking' thing out for yourself.

Chicago, San Fran, NYC, just to name a few.... how many people in those cities don't have a car?

Also, mandating auto insurance is NOT the same thing as health. Auto insurance mandates are primarily revolving around protecting OTHER people in case you hit them or about protecting the lender who provides you with a loan on your car.

Health insurance is about the individual protecting themselves or not. But I know, your Dem masters told you to shout that it was the same. Just as they told you to shout consensus on global warming. Just as they taught you to shout 'they want to kill old people' when talking about medicare reform. You truly are a good little parrot.
You might as well wail at the moon for orbiting the earth as wail against health care reform. You may want to go back to the 16th century but health care reform in this nation is a when, not an if and when it does occur it will include a universal mandate. Deal with it. The fact that every modern industrialized nation utilizes this approach and every one of those nations both spend less money and achieve higher health outcomes then the US does is strong evidence that you're just pissing up a rope. It's gonna happen.

You might as well wail at the moon for orbiting the earth as wail against health care reform. You may want to go back to the 16th century but health care reform in this nation is a when, not an if and when it does occur it will include a universal mandate. Deal with it. The fact that every modern industrialized nation utilizes this approach and every one of those nations both spend less money and achieve higher health outcomes then the US does is strong evidence that you're just pissing up a rope. It's gonna happen.

SF didn't even know Michael Jackson was dead. Michael Jackson! You can't expect him to keep track of this stuff Mott.

Back