What about the Bet?

He already said something about conditions not being met, about a week before the election...

I missed that, do you know the thread?

I figured...
Nah, but he was saying something about how maineman wasn't supposed to bring some subject up any longer then did.... I don't know. I'm sure Dix and enlighten us.

Will Dixie honor it?

We report, you decide:

1) DIXIE, June 22, 2005: “I am having second thoughts about my $100 bet with Maineman”….He posted:

"And my wager is still there: we will gain seats in both the Senate and the House in '06.... putting the ball in the net with our eyes wide open.... $100..."

And I accepted, assuming he was using normal English! Now, after realizing he doesn't speak in "normal" English, but rather this new progressive language the left has adopted, I am afraid this bet might be transformed into something I never intended…....

2) MAINEMAN responds: “The number of democrats in the Senate caucus will be greater after the election than now... the number of democrats in the house caucus will be greater than now. $100.... that was always the bet... are YOU trying to wiggle out?”

3) DIXIE: Thanks for clarification maine, and no, I am not trying to wiggle out of anything, but I am a little concerned about your financial situation... looks like you may need to secure a loan to pay off when you lose, and you're still running your mouth!

Dixie, if you were any kind of a man you would send Maineman $100.00 bucks.

I never believed he would exhibit even a modicum of honor. If he were capable of that, he would have been a marine veteran by now.

I wrote that bet off as a loss the minute I made it..... and really... given his rants, would anyone feel entirely safe in providing him with a current mailing address where he could send payment? He could pull an "edandmary" on us and go postal....I'd prefer, if he did, that he confine his carnage to alabama and not show up armed at my doorstep... he is one sick motherfucker.

I never believed he would exhibit even a modicum of honor. If he were capable of that, he would have been a marine veteran by now.

I wrote that bet off as a loss the minute I made it..... and really... given his rants, would anyone feel entirely safe in providing him with a current mailing address where he could send payment? He could pull an "edandmary" on us and go postal....I'd prefer, if he did, that he confine his carnage to alabama and not show up armed at my doorstep... he is one sick motherfucker.
That's what Paypal is for.

Grind also made the bet..... and contacted me offering an early buyout...WHICH I ACCEPTED....but he also reneged on that as well.

one word maineman

PAYPAL

Like I said....he proposed an early partial payment and I accepted..... but he failed to pay up.

I am not at all surprised by either of them.

two peas in a pod.

Like I said....he proposed an early partial payment and I accepted..... but he failed to pay up.

I am not at all surprised by either of them.

two peas in a pod.

that's fucked up dude.

I remember you even let him lower his bet from $100 to $25 dollars, when we all saw the democratic wave coming.

Here is a synopsis of how "The Bet" went down...

Dixie stated that Liberalism is dead, as a viable political ideology...
Mainperv issued challenge in the form of a wager...
Dixie declined, perv assumed this meant original point was invalid...
Dixie stated that Liberalism is not popular in mainstream America...
Mainperv isses challenge in the form of a wager...
Dixie declines, far too many things can happen in mid-term politics.
Mainperv again assumes this meant the original point was invalid.
Dixie states the only way Liberals can win, is if Conservatives self-destruct.
Mainperv issues challenge in the form of a wager...
Dixie declines, citing historical precident of mid-term elections of 2nd term presidents, and insists this has nothing to do with the original point.
Mainperv demands the wager be accepted to prove it.
Dixie defers to a later date.
Weeks of goading and challenging continue, and in an effort to put an end to the inceasant rants, Dixie accepted the wager on the condition this would stop the goading, challenging, boasting, and bragging. It was clearly articulated and understood, the only reason Dixie would make such a bet, was to stop the persistent challenges and taunting. These were the terms and conditions of the wager, and they were legitimate from the day the bet was made.

Just weeks after making the wager on this condition, the unethical perv decided to throw it up in my face and taunt me with it, and I warned him that I would cancel the bet if he couldn't stop bringing it up. He agreed that he would not bring it up again.

I will let you people search for yourself, he has continued to bring it up, and this was clearly part of the conditions of the wager, that he not do so.

I am sorry if some of you feel that I have reneged on a wager, I certainly haven't. I fully intended to pay the pervert, if I lost the wager. He had the opportunity to uphold the conditions of the wager, and failed to do so, and that isn't my fault. In fact, I even gave him warnings about it, and was still willing to go through with the wager, after he violated the conditions.

Now... at this point, I don't care if Prissy posts the entire archive of conversation between me and the perv, from FP.com... I don't care if Jarod and Ornut are satisfied with my explanation.... I don't care if the pervert is crying and moaning about being reneged on... I don't care if SR has proclaimed that I must pay the bet or be banished from his kingdom... I don't care if Damo, Toby, and Dano collectively boot me from the right-wing and disown me... I am not honoring a bet that was cancelled by the perv's actions!

I dont trust your "synopsis"... Post the Quotes. Your editorial means nuthing!

Back