What are some of your favorite songs by Bob Dylan?

Too many to chose from, although ones I never get tired of hearing are Maggie’s Farm, Subterranean Homesick Blues, It’s alright Ma, and his wooden version of Baby let me follow you down

A fact I always found interesting is that when Dylan went electric at Newport and pissed everyone off the band that backed him at the time was the Paul Butterfield Blues Band, just seemed like a strange mix given they were so far apart musically

I bet she had some interesting stories to tell. Too bad to hear that about Dylan. Many times our heroes are actually assholes, which is a hard kick in the ass, and difficult to accept.

Susie Rotolo, Dylan's girlfriend who appeared on the cover of "Freewheelin" wrote a book about their life together. She said he spent a lot of time before going out to get his "disheveled" look just right.

Too many to chose from, although ones I never get tired of hearing are Maggie’s Farm, Subterranean Homesick Blues, It’s alright Ma, and his wooden version of Baby let me follow you down

A fact I always found interesting is that when Dylan went electric at Newport and pissed everyone off the band that backed him at the time was the Paul Butterfield Blues Band, just seemed like a strange mix given they were so far apart musically

I would just like to mention Bob Dylans great contributions to the Traveling Wilburys and all his works with the great Johnny Cash.

My taste for Bob Dylan grew more as I got older. I am also a huge fan of his son now! Bob is a national Treasure![/QUOTE]

Brownie points awarded for your mention of Paul Butterfield.

Bluesmen like him, AL Kooper, Roy Buchanan, and Mike Bloomfield should never be forgotten.

Last edited:
Never was a huge fan of his but there are several great one, this one is prob one I play the most

Susie Rotolo, Dylan's girlfriend who appeared on the cover of "Freewheelin" wrote a book about their life together. She said he spent a lot of time before going out to get his "disheveled" look just right.

I've seen that book, but haven't read it. I bet it has some interesting stories about her and Bob.

I would just like to mention Bob Dylans great contributions to the Traveling Wilburys and all his works with the great Johnny Cash.

My taste for Bob Dylan grew more as I got older. I am also a huge fan of his son now! Bob is a national Treasure!

Bluesmen like him, AL Kooper, Roy Buchanan, and Mike Bloomfield should never be forgotten.[/QUOTE]

Yep, The Traveling Wilburys were a lot of fun. I absolutely love their first album, the one that included the great Roy Orbison. I like their second album, but not nearly as much as the first one, I think this is mostly because it doesn't include Roy, who of course died before they recorded it. And a quite humorous thing the Wilbury crew did is they named their second album Volume 3, even though they released just 2 studio albums. I've always thought that was funny, and a bit Monty Pythonesque.

My taste for Bob Dylan grew more as I got older. I am also a huge fan of his son now! Bob is a national Treasure!

Bluesmen like him, AL Kooper, Roy Buchanan, and Mike Bloomfield should never be forgotten.[/QUOTE]

And I really like the music of The Paul Butterfield Blues Band, as well. Especially their first two albums. I have both on CD.

Bob Dylan's protest song, Hurricane, was as timely important today as it was 45 years ago.

It was one of the most discriminating things ever done by the Supreme Court who cleared the other two men arrested for the SAME crime- BUT REFUSED TO EVEN HEAR CARTER'S CASE!

This was selective discrimination and by our so called Supreme Court- That, at that time, was actually a WHITE SUPREMACIST court.

Yep, & prob why I like it :)

I prefer Dylan (music) when he is more bluesy, less woody..

This is one IMHO were the two meet & it's awesome

Favorite songs: "Make you Feel My Love," "Most of the Time," "Tangled Up in Blue," "Spanish Boots of Spanish Leather," and "Wagon Wheel" (co-written by Bob Dylan and Ketch Secor).

Favorite songs: "Make you Feel My Love," "Most of the Time," "Tangled Up in Blue," "Spanish Boots of Spanish Leather," and "Wagon Wheel" (co-written by Bob Dylan and Ketch Secor).

"Make You Feel My Love" is an absolutely gorgeous song, and one of my favorite "slow" songs by Bob.

Back