What breed of dog should I get?

get a husky lab mix... great dogs, and not nearly as much energy as a husky
When I was a kid, we had two different newspapers - a morning paper and an evening paper. My buddy, who delivered for both, and had two HUGE routes, had a husky. In the summer, he would harness her to a wagon and exercise her by having her pull him around the paper route. In winter, he used a sled. He had the nickname "Nanook."

I'll probably be moving to a bigger place with a back yard within the next few months, which reminded me that I'd really like to get a dog. My last dog was a cocker spaniel. She was ok, but not great around kids. I'm looking for a dog that is very friendly, and one that isn't high-maintenance. Also, no rat dogs of any sort. They're of the devil. :)

Any suggestions?

People like you should not own a dog, I see your type on Pet Patrol all the time.

But, if it is for your kids and you [promise not to kick it, a mutt! Adopt one from the local animal shelter. I have a terrier mix and she loves kids, but chases our cats. My daughter is getting a shibu inu which is also a great dog for kids. Pure breeds have too many problems, hips, eyes, ears. Cockers are terrible, I had one named Roxie and she had everything wrong with her a Cocker could have wrong, skin, breath. I know she picked me for that reason. I loved her anyway! Good luck...when I adopted my terrier I was able to walk her around the store and see how she was around other animals and kids. I went through PetCo. They were great!

all dogs have faults.. its just picking the right combination of pro's and con's that will fit your family.

I'll probably be moving to a bigger place with a back yard within the next few months, which reminded me that I'd really like to get a dog. My last dog was a cocker spaniel. She was ok, but not great around kids. I'm looking for a dog that is very friendly, and one that isn't high-maintenance. Also, no rat dogs of any sort. They're of the devil. :)

Any suggestions?
Oscar Meyer or Ball Park

Back