What Did You Score For Christmas?

I'm just wondering what you all got for Christmas. I did pretty good this year. Everyone chipped in and gave me a new driver (which I really needed, my old one was crap), assorted golf shirts, sweaters, and slacks...3 sleeves of new golf balls and one sleeve of winter balls, new gloves and my in-laws gave me a huge book about the history of brewing...I'm a home-brewer. It was a good haul this year.

Hate to break it to you but it's not the club but the one using the club. Have fun anyway.

My cousin has an ivory chess set his father bought in the 1950's. Coolest chess set I've ever seen but the ivory pieces were carved so delicately that he only displays it.

Here's my set.

View attachment 3620

That's very nice. 33 years ago I made a board that looked similar to that. I must say it was really nice. I gave it as a gift to a very special relative. I said I would make one for myself sometime later. "Sometime later" hasn't gotten here yet. I haven't played in years. My boy would like to learn so I guess I should start playing again. Nice set Mott. Enjoy.

We've been married so long only the children and grandchildren get gifts. Kinda funny to arrive at a place where one has all they ever wanted. Hope you all got what you wanted, Happy Kwanzaa by the way.

I got some new clothes, new floor mats for my truck, a couple of gift cards, a few other small things, and quite literally a jug of whataburger spicy ketchup. Great Christmas!

We've been married so long only the children and grandchildren get gifts. Kinda funny to arrive at a place where one has all they ever wanted. Hope you all got what you wanted, Happy Kwanzaa by the way.
The same for us! The kids don't even want gifts, they tell us to spend on the grandkids. It's about being together for us.

It's the club if the grips are falling apart. You don't play, do you?

Since the clubs can't do the re-gripping to themselves, it's still the fault of the owner that didn't have them fixed.

I play although not as much as when I was younger. What I do when the grips start going bad is have them re-gripped. I don't blame the inanimate for not doing what it can't do and using it as an excuse.

Back