What is your best recipe

how? and that post was up there for quite some time....only a mod can take a post away after that much time.....i thought you could only edit your post, not make it disappear

well i have not been a regular member for quite some time so maybe you know better than me, but I am fairly certain reg members can delete their own posts. ask damo

Recipe or GTFO.
LOL...

1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 (16 ounce) chili beans (drain them)
2 (16 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes (drain these too).
1 12 ounce bottle of pilsner beer
3 ounces of tomato paste
1 ounce chili paste
2 cups of water
1 lb bacon
1 lb ground bison
1 lb ground pork (you can use pulled pork)
1 large green bell pepper seeded, diced
1 yellow onion diced
7 jalapeno peppers, chopped (I leave the seeds, it's where the spice is at)
7 habanero peppers, chopped (same)
8 anaheim peppers, (I like them smoked) chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons beef bullion granules

Directions:

Place bacon in large soup pot, cook over medium heat until evenly browned, drain the excess grease leave enough on the bottom of the pan to "grease" the pan. Remove the bacon, drain it, chop it up...

Brown bison and pork in pot over medium high heat. When meat is browned, stir in the bell pepper, onion, jalapeno peppers, habanero peppers, Anaheim peppers, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, chili powder, bouillon, crushed tomatoes, whole tomatoes, beer, tomato paste, chile paste and water.

Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and 1/2 to 3/4 of the bacon and continue simmering for another 30 minutes. Salt to taste with Kosher or Sea salt only...

(I use the rest of the bacon in the salad dressing).

That's an interesting Chili recipe Damo and I may have to try it. Here's my chili recipe.

Use REAL fresh Chorizo sausage. Not that crappy faux stuff that comes in a tube. If you can't get real chorizo substitute it with good ole smoked sausage.

I call this version Chili Negros

Cook in large 4 qt pot or stock pan.

ingredients
1 lb fresh chorizo
2 lb fresh chuck roast
2-3 pablano chilis
2-3 dried ancho chilis
1 small can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 yellow onions
2-3 ribs of celery
1 tbs minced garlic
1 bottle Dos Equis negros (any beer will do actually)
1 can beef broth
2 cans black beans
1 tbs salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayene pepper
1/2 tsp paprika (only if your using smoked sausage instead of Chorizo)
1 tsp tabasco sauce
1 tsp Cholula Mexican hot sauce
1 tsp ground corriander (if you can roast the seeds and grind them fresh, even better!)
1 tsp cumin
2 x 1 oz squares bakers chocolate
1 tbs sugar
1/4 cup chili powder
1 large can tomato juice
1 tbs cooking oil
3 oz of tomato paste
1x 28 oz can diced tomatos

Prep.

Roast pablanos on burner and then let sweat in a zip lock baggie for 5 min. Remove skin, stem, seeds and dice.

Coursely grind chuck roast in food processor. This makes a huge difference in flavor vs buying ground chuck.

Slice chorizo into rounds and quarter them.

Coursely dice vegetables.

Chop up chocolate squares

Steep dried anchos in hot water for 5 to ten minutes then cut into 1/2 inch pieces.

Directions;

Put oil in pot on medium high heat and cook chorizo till crispy. Remove chorizo from pot and pot from heat. Allow pot to cool and add diced onions, pablanos, celery and garlic. Sweat on low heat till onions are translucent. Add fresh ground chuck and brown till about half cooked (this is important, if you over cook the ground chuck the sauce won't absorb into the meat as well giving it a grainy texture). Dice 3 or 4 of the chipotle peppers and add to pot with 1 tbs of the adobo sauce. Add rest of the ingredients, except the beans. Stir well and cook on medium heat till sauce begins to bubble strongly (but not a rolling boil). Turn heat to low and let simmer till desired thickness (2 to 4 hours DO NOT STIR while simmering). Rinse and drain beans and add to sauce and let cook for about 10 to 20 minutes.

This is about a 3 alarm chili on a 1 to 5 scale. If you want to make it a 5. dice up a habanero or a scotch bonnet and add it.

Last edited:
Back