What is your wake up routine?

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
Do you just snap get out of bed and out the door in 20 minutes? (me)

Do you hit the snooze button like 20 times?

Do you actually get up early, fully rested, and go eat a nice breakfast, watch a little tv, and calmly walk out the door? (how is this possible?)

__

Now you may be thinking, "grind, waking up and being out in 20 minutes sounds like the suckiest thing ever", to which I say, THAT'S WHY I FUCKING HATE MORNINGS. it's the lesser of 3 evils. I just can't justify being awake in the morning doing things when I could otherwise be sleeping.

So what is your routine?

Do you actually get up early, fully rested, and go eat a nice breakfast, watch a little tv, and calmly walk out the door? (how is this possible?)

__

Now you may be thinking, "grind, waking up and being out in 20 minutes sounds like the suckiest thing ever", to which I say, THAT'S WHY I FUCKING HATE MORNINGS. it's the lesser of 3 evils. I just can't justify being awake in the morning doing things when I could otherwise be sleeping.

So what is your routine?

It takes you 20 minutes to get ready? 20 minutes after I'm awake I'm either at the gym or at work, busting my ass. If I take my time, I'm out the door in 8 minutes.

i don't believe you billy.

also lol at your new name.

It's a habit I developed in the Marines. I will sleep as long as possible until I absolutely have to wake up. At most, I hit the snooze button once, then while snoozing I mentally prepare myself for being awake. Where are my keys, my shirt, my towel, etc. Is there any traffic I need to remember, is it raining/snowing, etc. All this mental preperation occurs within 5 minutes of 'sleep'. Once I'm up I'm usually getting dressed with a toothbrush in my mouth and a razor in one hand (I dry shave). Then I'm out the door, in my car and on my way to either work or the gym (depending on time I wake up).

I work nights, so it's more of a matter of what I do to get to sleep.

1mg Ativan +2 beers= about 6 hours of sleep. It's kind of odd drinking beer at 7 A.M....But it works.

When I used to work days, I would get up around 4:30 A.M., grab a shit, shower and shave, drink a 20oz cup of coffee...miss around a little...then leave for work to get there around 15 minutes before clock in time at 6:00.

So yeah, I prefer time to wake up a little.

__

So what is your routine?

I work from home, so don't have to get out the door...

Rarely use an alarm clock; only use it if I have an early work call. I wake up between 5 am and 6:30 am depending on time of year (amount of light) and animal activity.

Get up, deal with cats/dogs, do some emails, read some online stuff, breakfast, then back to emails and work stuff.

Not exciting. But working from home makes getting up a lot easier...

__

So what is your routine?
I have to go with A) Just snap get out of bed and out the door in 20 minutes. It's the only way to maximize sleep time and still not get fired. I grab my breakfast after my smiling face is accounted for at 8:17am, SHARP!

Last year:

0430 wake up.
0500 go to gym.
0730 leave gym.
0830 take bus to school.
0900-2100 at school.
2215 - 2300 fuckall
2300 - 0400 sleep.

the weekends I slept until 9.

Up without an alarm clock, let the dog out, make coffee, shower, let the dog in, grab newspaper, moisturizer, watch Skip and Steven A, watch the local news, read emails, post on JPP, play Words with Friends, read the paper, girls arrive, ready for my day.

Last edited:
It's a habit I developed in the Marines. I will sleep as long as possible until I absolutely have to wake up. At most, I hit the snooze button once, then while snoozing I mentally prepare myself for being awake. Where are my keys, my shirt, my towel, etc. Is there any traffic I need to remember, is it raining/snowing, etc. All this mental preperation occurs within 5 minutes of 'sleep'. Once I'm up I'm usually getting dressed with a toothbrush in my mouth and a razor in one hand (I dry shave). Then I'm out the door, in my car and on my way to either work or the gym (depending on time I wake up).

No moisturizer? Dry shave, your poor face!

Last edited:
Up at 5:30. Shower and shave. Make coffee, prepare lunch. Drink two cups of coffee while flipping back and forth between Morning Joe and CNN. Out the door at precisely 6:25. Pick up my first kid at 6:38. In school parking lot between 7:40 and 7:45.

Sundays - Up at 6:30. Shower, shave, print sermon outline, put together church bulletin, watch Spongebob with the boy, out the door at 9, copy and fold bulletins. Church starts at 9:30.

Saturdays - depends...

Back