What is your wake up routine?

I wake up at 0400 for a Day Shift, and cannot physically get my ass out the door before 0520 (I just need to be on the operations floor at 0615). Brushing, shaving, and showering take me an eternity (I use the shower to wake myself up), plus I have sports talk or music on my radio. When I get to my living room, Sports Centre comes on, and I tend to focus on that while preparing breakfast, lunch, and putting together my gym bag, and other crap.

On a Night Shift, I might wake up between 1200-1400, and set my alarm for 1400. I then start getting ready at 1600. Commuting to Night Shifts is much more time consuming (except Sat & Sun), with Friday night being the absolute worst, as everyone is heading down to Portland for the weekend. Normally, the traffic picks up after the exit for the Tacoma Dome (Tacoma nightlife, etc.).

I am one of the slowest moving people you will ever know of in the morning.

@Steele - I also drink beer at 0700 when I get back from a Night Shift. Sometimes I just sip rum out of the bottle.

#Axe to grind

Well, my face hurts, abd is not very well shaven, but shaven it is. I had to use a shameful splash of water, the blade just wouldn't move on my totally dry face.

I worked for decades to be able to do this....

Up at 7, bathroom and shower, big cup of black tea. Feed chickens, collect eggs, feed dog. Another tea. Eat egg and toast. Check email, read news and see who's talking shit at JPP.

9-12 feeling guilty about not being productive. Check deadlines for freelance work, if any. Work on art pieces or tackle one of many chores around house.

I worked for decades to be able to do this....

Up at 7, bathroom and shower, big cup of black tea. Feed chickens, collect eggs, feed dog. Another tea. Eat egg and toast. Check email, read news and see who's talking shit at JPP.

9-12 feeling guilty about not being productive. Check deadlines for freelance work, if any. Work on art pieces or tackle one of many chores around house.

I want chickens! Fresh eggs are amazing!

We love our girls and the eggs are delish. They are a lot of work but worth it.

DSC06969.jpgDSC06968.jpg

I have 8 hens, not all are laying, soon I'll have eggs to give away.

Agree! we don't raise chickens, but get ours from a local CSA place and they're pretty fresh! So much better than those in grocery stores.

Lucky! There is a local guy who sells them at a roadside stand, but you have to get there early.

Fresh in Alaska is fish and game.

Yes, that's Lil' Purse. We have 2 silkies, Omelet and Purse. Both laying 2-4 small white eggs per week.

They move just like Hollywood depicts dinosaurs. I'll betcha film makers studied how silkies move when they animate Raptors.

I work 60 hours per week because 12 hour shifts are the new 8 hour shifts. Isn't life in the 21st Century just the best ever?!?

Wow! that's a great price for fresh eggs!

Yes it is. They're normally $1.50 or $1.75 here. They raise the chickens for showing at the fairs and the eggs are just viewed by them as a by product. They sell about 10 dozen a week and what they get goes for feed. It is a good deal for all of us.

Wake up at 0530.

Rub eyes
Sit up
Stand up
Scratch nuts
Go to bathroom and take a huge Billy then wipe ass
Shower and shave all in 6minutes. Remnants from navy days.
Go downstairs
Grab bottle of Pepsi
Clean guns
The rest is confidential

Back