What Matters?

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel3
  • Start date Start date
C

Cancel3

I am not offering an answer to what matters.

I am asking what matters. Not to the world or the nation, but what matters to you?

to me ?

Family and friends.

Being a good person.

Helping others.
including doing what I can to help make my corner of the world a better place.

working with my hands repairing and creating things.

a really good meal every now and gain.

to me ?

Family and friends.

Being a good person.

Helping others.
including doing what I can to help make my corner of the world a better place.

working with my hands repairing and creating things.

a really good meal every now and gain.

Good answers all

ZOMG WHAT MATTERS TO YOU?!

*place pseudo-inspirational platitudes here*

Why is that, WM? Why is this a topic you dislike?

If you don't want to post, thats fine by me. But why make fun of it or attack it?

Is life so pointless that talking about the best things is to be ridiculed?

Solitary, you're a giant fag.

Wishful thinking on your part, asshat?

If you are referring to being gay, then you are wrong.

If you are referring to my lack of need to prove my manliness, then I have no problem with that.

What Matters?

My family first - my wife, my kids and my extended family. They are what make the struggle worthwhile.

To live a good life - I can only hope my life will have had a positive effect on those I have come in contact with. I live my life by what is right, not what will avoid getting me in trouble. The mark of a good man is how he acts when he knows he won't get caught. And service to others is the highest level of our lives.

Being able to travel and spend time outdoors. To see the world and have the simple pleasures of life.

Intellectual growth - to be able to continue to learn and grow for all of my life. To read as much as possible. To learn all I can.

What Matters?

My family first - my wife, my kids and my extended family. They are what make the struggle worthwhile.

To live a good life - I can only hope my life will have had a positive effect on those I have come in contact with. I live my life by what is right, not what will avoid getting me in trouble. The mark of a good man is how he acts when he knows he won't get caught. And service to others is the highest level of our lives.

Being able to travel and spend time outdoors. To see the world and have the simple pleasures of life.

Intellectual growth - to be able to continue to learn and grow for all of my life. To read as much as possible. To learn all I can.
But you don't care about the working class lives you ruin by importing cheaper labor. That's something you put out of your mind so you can keep feeling enlightened. You're a fraud.

But you don't care about the working class lives you ruin by importing cheaper labor. That's something you put out of your mind so you can keep feeling enlightened. You're a fraud.

Oh, so unless I listed it I don't care about it?

Interesting bit of nonsense you gave there. Well, maybe not nonsense. More like total bullshit.

You talk a good line of bullshit but what is it that matters to you?

Is the fate of the workers of the world what is absolutely most important to you?

Oh, so unless I listed it I don't care about it?

Interesting bit of nonsense you gave there. Well, maybe not nonsense. More like total bullshit.

You talk a good line of bullshit but what is it that matters to you?

Is the fate of the workers of the world what is absolutely most important to you?

It's not nonsense.
Stopping totalitarian fascists is what matters most to me.

Asshat, in all honesty, if you believe you are doing noble work trying to save the world from fascists and totalitarian governments, then I applaud you for your dedication.

It is indeed heroic to try and save the world.

But that doesn't change the fact that I think its a sad life. I would say the same about someone who focuses their entire life on being a success in business.

People, in my opinion, should value the simpler things in life. Those who do not see the beauty in daily life are missing so much.

Life can be cut short so easily. Best case scenario its not that long.

I have known so many who put off what was important, thinking there would be time later. Often times there was not.

Fear is counterproductive and allows us to be used by others.

Recognizing reality and acting accordingly is productive.

Agreed. However, many of us do not recognize reality for what it is, but rather for what they wish it to be. A certain southern mathematician comes to mind.

Reality is subjective to some, objective to others. Asshat's reality is different from yours.

But what is important? What matters? Like you said above, leading a good life. Working hard. Doing your best, giving, being honest, practicing random acts of kindness, not forcing your will, but rather leading by example.

If you are a good person, if you are honest, productive, hard working, goal oriented and care for your surroundings, you will lead a good life, even when our politicians are doing their best to royally fuck it up for everyone.

Fear is counterproductive and allows us to be used by others.

Recognizing reality and acting accordingly is productive.

No. Accepting fascism and totalitarian hierarchy is allowing us to be used by others.

Rejecting fascist ideology guarantees freedom.

Back