What will be the big surprise this year in CFB?

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
I'm thinking it will be either one of these three.

#1. Notre Dame to BCS game. Kelly is a hell of a coach. His system isn't built on any particular football strategy so much as it is built on commetment to fitness and discipline. His teams are alway very fit and very prepared and very motivated and that's why his players have over achieved. If he's instilled that quality at ND this summer....watch out. Don't kid your self. ND has talent.

#2. Michigan wins 8 or more. I think last year was a fluke. Michigan got off to a 4-0 start and then had massive numbers of injuries. I don't think their good enough to challenge for the Big 10 title but I think their good enough to get 8 or more wins.

#3. LSU plays in the rain. You heard it here first. LSU will actually win a game in less then ideal conditions! Remember last year. A little tinkle of rain and those Tigers would trip all over their own feet. My prediction....and I know this is one hell of a stretch....LSU will win one game this year where it either rains or the temperature drops below 70. Yea....I know....I must be smoking something to think that will happen.

Last edited:
Sits patiently waiting for all of the fans of the Securities and Exchange Commission to pop up and tear into Mott for discussing Big 10 teams (plus Notre Dame) and dissing an SEC team. Specifically waiting on Toppy, because LSU got trashed.

:corn:

Sits patiently waiting for all of the fans of the Securities and Exchange Commission to pop up and tear into Mott for discussing Big 10 teams (plus Notre Dame) and dissing an SEC team. Specifically waiting on Toppy, because LSU got trashed.

:corn:
LOL It's raining, it's pouring, the tiger is falling! LOL

I'm thinking it will be either one of these three.

#1. Notre Dame to BCS game. Kelly is a hell of a coach. His system isn't built on any particular football strategy so much as it is built on commetment to fitness and discipline. His teams are alway very fit and very prepared and very motivated and that's why his players have over achieved. If he's instilled that quality at ND this summer....watch out. Don't kid your self. ND has talent.

#2. Michigan wins 8 or more. I think last year was a fluke. Michigan got off to a 4-0 start and then had massive numbers of injuries. I don't think their good enough to challenge for the Big 10 title but I think their good enough to get 8 or more wins.

#3. LSU plays in the rain. You heard it here first. LSU will actually win a game in less then ideal conditions! Remember last year. A little tinkle of rain and those Tigers would trip all over their own feet. My prediction....and I know this is one hell of a stretch....LSU will win one game this year where it either rains or the temperature drops below 70. Yea....I know....I must be smoking something to think that will happen.

1. I predict Miss. State will knock off at least two SEC teams that were expected to romp on them.

2. I predict Les Miles will screw up the clock mgmt in a big game. (oh you said UNexpected)

Mott's anus is still puckering from the thrashing LSU put on him. I think his venting is cute but delusional.
worse than his Junior high take on LSU is his Kelly scrotum munching. Notre Dame has talent. BHAHAHAH
Navy kicked their ass two years in a row when the Irish has a first round QB. Our recievers could run away from thier corners with Parachutes on thier backs and still score.

Boy, it has been a long cold dry spell at ND, hasn't it? LOL

Indeed, and Holtz's statue is getting lonely. Crap, I remember talking to my neighbor Joel Nazarenus, when I was a kid, during his reign (I used to wander over to his house and just talk to him at the table. He'd usually update me on his progress with the latest crossword, and his wife Delores would give me a cookie on the way out the door), and Joel told me he could never watch the Irish play, because the outcome was known ahead of time.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of ND, but I do like Lou Holtz. He gave it a good try at S.Carolina.

I'd say that taking SC from 1-10 (before he arrived) and 0-11 to 8-4 and 9-3 was a lot more than a good try. That he followed that up with three mediocre seasons is hardly a point for contention.

I'd say that taking SC from 1-10 (before he arrived) and 0-11 to 8-4 and 9-3 was a lot more than a good try. That he followed that up with three mediocre seasons is hardly a point for contention.

The turn around at SC was one of the best in college football, no doubt.

I also admire him for staying on after the initial success started fading. I have nothing but respect for the man.

And Lou didn't punch goal posts. :pke:
or tear up hats, shirts, stomp on wrist watches, charge out to midfield to scream at an official, throw yard markers onto the field or bitch slap Clemson players either. Having said that, he was only half the coach Woody was.... but hell....being half the coach Woody was is one hell of a compliment.

biggest surprise would be Bama losing two and ND making something besides the mineke muffler bowl.

Back