What will be the big surprise this year in CFB?

biggest surprise would be Bama losing two and ND making something besides the mineke muffler bowl.

Bama is losing nothing this year. The surprise will be Trent Richardson winning the Heisman and replacing Ingram as the starter.

Bama will lose at least one.
You guy's are great, but when was the last team to go 28-0?

I can't recall. But history is only useful in some respects. This is the perfect year for us to do it. The biggest powers we will be playing are rebuilding this year.

Saban had you guy's losing to La Monroe a couple years ago.
He's a football god, but even God's lose 1 or twice in 28 games

Saban had us losing to that little team in his first season as head coach. He had little time to prepare the team and none of his recruits.

Hell, even LSU beat us that year.

Top, you have to understand the mindset of die-hard fans. Every year, except when we were on probation, I started the season with every expectation of going undefeated and winning the National Championship. Even when Mike DuBose was the head coach and we went 3-8, I started the season expecting to win it all.

Anything less is expecting failure.

we lost some games the year after winning it all that we shouldn't have. It's natural

Its not the end of the world if we lose one or two. But its not what I am expecting.

There is not a team on our schedule that we cannot beat. And we were picked to lose several in the 2008 and 2009 seasons.

Nobody's going to argue you aren't the best team pre season or maybe the toughest champ in a decade.
Plenty will argue against you going undefeated, shit you needed god to beat Tenn.

Nobody's going to argue you aren't the best team pre season or maybe the toughest champ in a decade.
Plenty will argue against you going undefeated, shit you needed god to beat Tenn.

Ain't that the truth! I have never been so happy as when I heard Monte Kiffin was leaving. Toughest defense we faced all season.

But a tough D is what we expect in the SEC. And our offense is better, more seasoned and has more weapons. So I don't see anyone who can stop us.

Our D has a few new comers, but so did last year's team. And this one is made up of more Saban recruits. We bring back the SEC leader in INTs. We bring back fewer starters, but most of teh squad saw playing time.

Donte' Hightower is McClain only bigger and faster.

Nebraska was 25-0 in 94 & 95 and 49-2 from 94-97 (both losses coming in 96)

So 14 years, and NB team is likely in the conversation for greatest team ever. Not easy to do. I won't be shock if Bama does it, I just don't think they will.

So 14 years, and NB team is likely in the conversation for greatest team ever. Not easy to do. I won't be shock if Bama does it, I just don't think they will.

I agree that it isn't easy... just ask Florida. It is especially not easy in the SEC.

While Bama IS loaded... undefeated in the SEC just doesn't happen that often anymore.

Saban complimented the red zone defense of this year's team at a news conference tuesday. Claims they are better than last year, and last year we had the #2 red zone defense in the nation.

I'm ready for some football!!

All Hail Jake Locker!!

jake-locker-stays.jpg

I was actually looking for an image of the new Locker Lager out of a popular local brewery in Bellingham, WA, but there's still not much to find on it...

Back