APP - What will democrats do IF Hillary loses?

Think that's bad, try Detroit, Southside Chicago or Baltimore!!

081.jpg
I have and at least they speak English there. :p

Or Mississippi and Alabama, North Carolina too. When did the right wing in America become insane? Business likes them brain washed, but in their brain washing they forgot to fill in the blanks in their heads. I thought the article below put forth an interesting viewpoint.

"People want to be heard. They want to believe their voices matter. A January 2016 survey by the Rand Corporation reported that Republican primary voters are 86.5 percent more likely to favor Donald Trump if they “somewhat agree” or “strongly agree” with the statement, “People like me don’t have any say about what the government does.”

What is it about a flamboyant millionaire that appeals to poor white conservatives? Why do they believe a Trump presidency would amplify their voices? The answer may lie in America’s historical relationship between the wealthiest class and the army of poor whites who have loyally supported them." Jonna Ivin http://www.stirjournal.com/2016/04/01/i-know-why-poor-whites-chant-trump-trump-trump/
Be fair. The far left is just as insane. They are currently in much smaller numbers than the far right but it hasn't always been that way. I distinctly remember when the opposite was the case. The GOP was a center right party and the Democrats were a far left party. It took several devastating losses in the 80's before the Democrats shifted towards being a center left party in the 1990's under Clinton and the DLC.

Be fair. The far left is just as insane. They are currently in much smaller numbers than the far right but it hasn't always been that way. I distinctly remember when the opposite was the case. The GOP was a center right party and the Democrats were a far left party. It took several devastating losses in the 80's before the Democrats shifted towards being a center left party in the 1990's under Clinton and the DLC.

I wish there were a far left, I think that died with the sixties, had a brief rebirth during the occupy movements and a few protests against global economics, but people are too comfortable today too concerned with money and status.

Two authors detail the death of concern for everyone, Galbraith and Judt.

"Something is profoundly wrong with the way we live today. For thirty years we have made a virtue out of the pursuit of material self-interest: indeed, this very pursuit now constitutes whatever remains of our sense of collective purpose. We know what things cost but have no idea what they are worth. We no longer ask of a judicial ruling or a legislative act: is it good? Is it fair? Is it just? Is it right? Will it help bring about a better society or a better world? Those used to be the political questions, even if they invited no easy answers. We must learn once again to pose them." Tony Judt 'Ill Fares the Land'

"The United States in the 1980s devoted 5.2-6.5 percent of its gross national product to military uses; Germany devoted less than half that, Japan less than 1 percent...The American resources so used were at cost to civilian investment and consumption; those so saved in Japan and Germany were available for civilian use and specifically for improving civilian industry. The matter of the use of trained manpower was particularly important. By some calculations, from a quarter to a third of all American scientific engineering talent in recent years was employed in relatively sterile weapons research and development. This talent the Japanese and the Germans devoted to the improvement of their civilian production. Japan, defeated in war by American industrial power, has now in peacetime extensively replaced its erstwhile enemy in productive service to the American consumer." John Kenneth Galbraith 'The Culture of Contentment'

"'Practical' politics, it is held, calls for policies that appeal to the fortunate. The poor do not vote; the alert politician bids for the comfortable and the rich. This would be politically foolish for the Democratic Party; those whose primary concern is to protect their income, their capital and their business interest will always vote for the party that most strongly affirms its service to their pecuniary well-being. This is and has always been the republicans. The Democrats have no future as a low grade substitute.." John Kenneth Galbraith 'The Good Society'

"Capitalism is the ownership and use of the concrete but dynamic elements in a society - what is commonly known as the means of production. A capitalist is someone who produces more capital through the production of the means he owns. This necessitates the periodic reinvestment of part of the capital earned into the repair, modernization and expansion of the means. Capitalism is therefore the ownership of an abstraction called capital, rendered concrete by its ownership of the means of production, which through actual production creates new capital.... However, capitalism as conceived today tends to revolve around something called the profit motive, even though profit is neither a cause of capitalism nor at the heart of the capitalist action. Profit is a useful result of the process, nothing more. As for the ownership of the means of production, this has been superseded by their management. And yet, to manage is to administer, which is a bureaucratic function. Alternately, there is a growing reliance upon the use of capital itself to produce new capital. But that is speculation, not production. Much of the development of the means of production is now rejected as unprofitable and, frankly, beneath the dignity of the modern manager, who would rather leave such labour and factory-intensive "dirty" work to Third World societies. Finally , the contemporary idea of capitalism grandly presents "service" as its new sophisticated manifestation. But the selling of one's own skills is not a capitalist art. And most of the jobs being created by the service industries are with the exception of the high-technology sector descendants of the pre-eighteenth-century commerce in trade and services." p360 'Voltaire's Bastards: The Dictatorship of Reason in the West' John Ralston Saul

So, we now have a good idea what Trump would do if he loses, why about his followers? What will Republicans do if Trump loses?

Well Trump isn't supposed to win. So I think they will be fine. However it is Crooked ILLary supporters who are brimming with confidence. So psychologically speaking it would seem that they would be in for a bigger disappointment. I don't see any evidence on this board that any lefty even considers the possibility that Trump will win.

I remember 2004 very well and the crying that took place on this board because Kerry was winning in the exit polls yet Bush won.

Is it true Comey is going out for Halloween as Julian Assange? Or does he work for the KGB? A moronic act of this type would get anyone outside of government fired.

Having managed email for many years for a major corporation I laugh at all the hullabaloo and misreadings. We used to warn people constantly about inappropriate stuff and yet they still screwed up. But that device should never have been given to that idiot Weiner. If his wife used it while in government it should have been destroyed. I have to blame our security people as they are at fault here, as is the FBI and Comey. Is it true Comey is going out as Assange, trick or treat? LOL

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/10/28/gop-scandal-falls-emails-hillary-clintons-server.html

So, we now have a good idea what Trump would do if he loses, why about his followers? What will Republicans do if Trump loses?

What will you do if Crooked ILLary loses?

Will you rise up?

Will you say it was rigged?

Will you blame Comey?

Will you blame the Russians?

Will you just accept it and move on?

Back