What will the Dali Lama Tell bush ?

Goo rationalization there Damo. China can do us much more harm in so many ways that Turkey can.

BEIJING — China said Tuesday that a decision by the U.S. Congress to honor the Dalai Lama would "seriously" damage relations between the countries.

The Congress will give the Dalai Lama, the exiled spiritual leader of Tibet, an award this week at a ceremony attended by U.S. President George W. Bush.

"The move will seriously damage China-U.S. relations," Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao said

He told a regular news conference that China hoped the United States would "correct its mistakes and cancel relevant arrangements and stop interfering in the internal affairs of China by any means."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,302056,00.html

Goo rationalization there Damo. China can do us much more harm in so many ways that Turkey can.

BEIJING — China said Tuesday that a decision by the U.S. Congress to honor the Dalai Lama would "seriously" damage relations between the countries.

The Congress will give the Dalai Lama, the exiled spiritual leader of Tibet, an award this week at a ceremony attended by U.S. President George W. Bush.

"The move will seriously damage China-U.S. relations," Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao said

He told a regular news conference that China hoped the United States would "correct its mistakes and cancel relevant arrangements and stop interfering in the internal affairs of China by any means."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,302056,00.html
Much like Turkey supposedly does, China needs us as well. Good relations will continue the US in paying the interest on her debt. They are negotiating from a position of weakness because of the Olympics and in other areas.

One more time. The Chinese are not threatening to enter a war theater where our troops are currently battling. There is a large difference, pretense doesn't change that one solid fact. Nor does it change my position that it was foolish to bring it up then. It should have been brought up long ago, or later, not at a time when Turkey holds a position of far broader power over our troops in a war theater.

I may not support undeclared wars, but I would never support actually working to handicap the troops in a war theater.

So we judge all in Turkey by the actions of part of them ?
Well I guess that is how the world does with us electing Bush twice....

Who's side will the turks fight on? If they enter. what exactly are they threatening? To just go in and shoot whoever?
Their own. Currently one of the quietest spots in Iraq is the area that they would invade. Do you think another army fighting in Iraq for their own interest would be a boon to US troops on the ground?

Probably armed to a large degree with US built weapons....
More likely France and Germany. But why quibble? I don't care where their arms come from, only that they are pointed at a target that will do the opposite to increasing security in Iraq.

Their own. Currently one of the quietest spots in Iraq is the area that they would invade. Do you think another army fighting in Iraq for their own interest would be a boon to US troops on the ground?

Depends on what they consider their interests, if a free, democratic, united and stable iraq is not in their interests.... then..... lol.... then.. lol.... can't stop laughing....

Depends on what they consider their interests, if a free, democratic, united and stable iraq is not in their interests.... then..... lol.... then.. lol.... can't stop laughing....
Dead Khurds are clearly believed to be 'in their interest' as history will tell you.

Back