What would one wear?

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
To a Wine and Cheese tasting?

I have been invited to one of these hoity-toity events, and as it is being held for the candidate for State House that I manage in my county I need to attend.

Evening or afternoon?

Evening, a dress shirt with khakis, blue and white striped shirt?

Afternoon, I short sleeved shirt with khakis.

Have you been to similar events in your area before? Do you remember what people wore? (dressy-casual, eg)?

These things seem to be pretty regional. Here, cowboy hats and boots prevail no matter what the occasion. If you tried to transplant that to, say, DC or LA or Seattle or NY, the response would be quite different. Some places seem to have a jacket-and-tie custom, and others might dispense with the tie. The closest I've been to Denver was Pueblo and that was at the dragstip. Doesn't count for your situation! :p

I hope not. I should go in traditional Native American garb.

I would, I was impressed by those that attended my sons graduation in full attire. It is very awe inspiring to me. So beautiful. Do you braid your hair?

Evening or afternoon?

Evening, a dress shirt with khakis, blue and white striped shirt?

Afternoon, I short sleeved shirt with khakis.
Cool.

This I can do! I'll have to break out my iron for the first time since I left the Navy. Maybe...

I would, I was impressed by those that attended my sons graduation in full attire. It is very awe inspiring to me. So beautiful. Do you braid your hair?
No, it is cut short. I cut it after Dad died and kept a mourning braid, but once I cut the braid I never grew it back out.

Cool.

This I can do! I'll have to break out my iron for the first time since I left the Navy. Maybe...

Ahahahaha! Yeah, I have overdressed for these things, so I know how to dress Bud now. He appreciates it! You can never lose with the cool look! Sorry about the ironing!

Ahahahaha! Yeah, I have overdressed for these things, so I know how to dress Bud now. He appreciates it! You can never lose with the cool look! Sorry about the ironing!
I'm hoping my Khakis don't need that much help. They've been hanging up for at least a year now...

I would say dress slacks and long sleeve shirt if in evening. I don't think a tie is necessary. I agree that in afternoon short sleeves is appropriate.

I'd suggest you go skyclad, but that could be a problem in lotsa places.

There is an easy way to make sure you will be ok for anything from business casual to formal but not black tie.

Wear the khakis and a white dress shirt. Put a navy blue blazer and a tie in your car. When you get there, watch the people going in. If they are less dressy than khakis and dress shirt, roll your sleeves up onto your forearms. If they are a little more dressy, put on the blazer. And if they are wearing suits, put on the blazer and tie.

There is an easy way to make sure you will be ok for anything from business casual to formal but not black tie.

Wear the khakis and a white dress shirt. Put a navy blue blazer and a tie in your car. When you get there, watch the people going in. If they are less dressy than khakis and dress shirt, roll your sleeves up onto your forearms. If they are a little more dressy, put on the blazer. And if they are wearing suits, put on the blazer and tie.

I love skyclad! Dancing in the moonlight!

There's your solution, Damo! Obviously Sol has been there, done that! :)

Back