What's the name of that Mormon university?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
G

Guns Guns Guns

They say age is only a number when it comes to love - just ask Green Mile star Doug Anthony Hutchison and his new bride.

The 51-year-old actor has married aspiring country singer Courtney Alexis Stodden, who is 16.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2005969/Doug-Anthony-Hutchison-51-marries-16-year-old-aspiring-country-music-singer-Las-Vegas.html

They say age is only a number when it comes to love - just ask Green Mile star Doug Anthony Hutchison and his new bride.

The 51-year-old actor has married aspiring country singer Courtney Alexis Stodden, who is 16.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2005969/Doug-Anthony-Hutchison-51-marries-16-year-old-aspiring-country-music-singer-Las-Vegas.html

And? Is she underage so that its illegal?

If she is old enough to be legal, and her parents consent to it, why is that our concern?

In his defense, he doesn't look 51. In her defense... well, she doesn't need any. She's fucking hot. O_O

425.Hutchison.Stodden.tg.062011.jpg

42061664.JPG

Last edited:
All I can say is that it is abnormal for parents to ever approve of this for their young teen daughter...in fact it is down right weird. If any of you have a teenage daughter I know you know what I am talking about.

Stodden made her foray into the entertainment industry by participating in beauty pageants (she competed for the title of Miss Teen Washington USA last year). She still models. One modeling website lists her measurements (36-23-34) height (5 feet 3 inches) and weight (96 pounds). That same website also lists her age as 17, which combined with her heavily made-up appearance, has led critics to wonder whether she's lying about being younger.

and

"We are totally supportive of this marriage," Krista Stodden told RadarOnline.com. "Doug is a wonderful man, and we love him."

She added, "Courtney was a virgin when she married Doug. She is a good Christian girl."

Although Stodden's father is four years younger than his new son-in-law, he approves of his daughter's decision.

"Every father can only pray to have such a man behind their daughter," Alex Stodden, 47, told RadarOnline.com. "Courtney is one of the most level-headed girls out there, and I'm not just saying that because she's my daughter. ... Doug is the nicest man I've ever met in my life."

Even if the age of consent is 16, actual marriage is sort of a bigger deal. It's especially weird with someone so old.

Its weird and I would never have consented to my daughter doing it.

But obviously its legal and everyone is happy. No one is being forced into anything.

Why do so many people want to stick their nose into other people's business?

Its weird and I would never have consented to my daughter doing it. But obviously its legal and everyone is happy. No one is being forced into anything. Why do so many people want to stick their nose into other people's business?

If you're so uninterested, how come you keep posting in the thread?

Its weird and I would never have consented to my daughter doing it.

But obviously its legal and everyone is happy. No one is being forced into anything.

Why do so many people want to stick their nose into other people's business?

People in the spot light (public persons) get talked about. I do not believe a 16 year old girl can know what makes her happy, in any meaningful way, when it comes to marriage. Her parents sound like clueless flakes-likely why she married a father figure.

People in the spot light (public persons) get talked about. I do not believe a 16 year old girl can know what makes her happy, in any meaningful way, when it comes to marriage. Her parents sound like clueless flakes-likely why she married a father figure.

It is the "People in the spot light (public persons) get talked about" that I am most bothered by. The fixation on the rich & famous has gotten way out of hand. This guy had a couple of roles and now the media thinks they own the rights to his entire private life.

Considering all the things facing us today, I think this sort of gossip is wrong.

Holy crap, she does not look 16.

:yay:

At least it is not as gross as Hugh Hefner trying to marry a 21 year old, which makes it 64 years between them.

It is the "People in the spot light (public persons) get talked about" that I am most bothered by. The fixation on the rich & famous has gotten way out of hand. This guy had a couple of roles and now the media thinks they own the rights to his entire private life.

Considering all the things facing us today, I think this sort of gossip is wrong.

If it were not so absurd and a tad bit ick, it would not be on the radar. Given today's problems all sorts of things are unimportant. The fact of the matter is fame puts your life under the spot light-otherwise there's no fame. It has always been that way-always will be. I think the dialogue this kind of thing can invoke is worth it's 15 minutes or so.

Anyone else find it interesting that the cow who couldn't get it right any of the three times she tried to find true love now wants to lecture others on what makes someone happy and to make her own failed life look better by belittling that girl's parents?

Back