What's your favorite 80's - early 90's rock, or metal song?

Jade Dragon

And I'm the one that jaded you.
There are just too many for me to decide, so I'll be adding several. Let's go with this favorite of many.

NO metal collection is complete without Black Sabbath's album "Heaven And Hell."
One of the cuts from it...

Saw this live in 1980, one of the top 5 concerts I've ever been to.
(R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio, one of the best voices in Metal, ever)

Nirvana
- First album in my life that I ever bought was nevermind when I was 9 years old. I wore the fuck out of their discography so it's really hard for me to say what is my favorites still to this day as it'll always change.

Off top of my head:

Aneurysm
Drain You
Heart shaped box
Blew
Dumb

and many others

Pixies
- One of the best bands from 80's/90's of all time:

Broken Face
River Euphrates
Where is my mind
Mr. Grieves
Gouge Away
Alec Eiffel

.. i could go on.

(I love doolittle but all the songs I like from it everyone else doesn't really like lol.. or at least not as much).

Radiohead
- Might be my favorite band of all time. For me though I am very mucha post-bends kind of fan. For the 90's that means we are sticking solely to Ok Computer:

Paranoid Android
Exit Music
Karma Police

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uYWYWPc9HU
I just made someone an awesome playlist.

The greatest album of the 1980s was "Disintegration" - The Cure. I will have my nominations for hard rock and metal tunes in subsequent posts.

My nomination for best bubble gum rock of the 1990s is Mmm-bop - Hansen
I am probably going to have to punch myself in the mouth for admitting this, but I kinda like this extremely lame tune!

I was in middle school 98-00, so, you know my pop star will always be Britney Spears. Kind of hard to be 12 when she released Baby One More Time and not forever have a special place for Britney. But, I digress.

Metallica is my favorite metal band. Ozzy has my favorite metal album, with Blizzard of Ozz, thanks to Mr Crowley being my favorite rock song, and Crazy Train being one of the most celebrated metal hits.

You can't deny the fact that Metal Bands from the 80's and 90's wrote some great ballads, too.
This is one from a talented, yet not too popular band with a great vocalist

Back