What's your favorite drug?

What's your favorite drug?

• Total voters
Yeah I'd definitely go caffeine and women as well. I've probably been a caffeine a majority of my life. Yesterday I drank like 30 ounces of NOS (I only slept 3 hours last night cuz a test).

Meth is different enough from regular amphetamines that it should have its own category.

From what I've read meth has pretty much the same effects as dextroamphetamine, except the methyl group potentiates it and makes it more difficult to break down. Essentially the difference between morphine and heroin.

You forgot to list caffeine. Given the amount of coffee I drink I'm a serious caffeine junkie. You should have replaced amphetimines with "Stimulants". Caffiene is not an amphetimene but it does fall into the stimulant family with amphetimienes.
I am glad you mentioned it, I am addicted to caffeine, too!

From what I've read meth has pretty much the same effects as dextroamphetamine, except the methyl group potentiates it and makes it more difficult to break down. Essentially the difference between morphine and heroin.

Heroin is otherwise known as diacetyl morphine, the clue is in name. I knew my organic chemistry would come in useful one day.

220px-Heroin_-_Heroine.svg.png

Heroin is otherwise known as diacetyl morphine, the clue is in name. I knew my organic chemistry would come in useful one day.

220px-Heroin_-_Heroine.svg.png

Morphine actually turns into heroin into the body, and then the heroin turns back into morphine in the brain. Heroin skips that step, which is why it works quicker, and why it's more addictive.

Maybe the comparison isn't really that great because heroin and morphine are the same in the brain, while meth is actually a different compound from amphetamine. Certainly normal amphetamines usually don't cause the kind of destruction that meth does. However, I have an entire category for opiates, all the way from codeine to heroin, so oh well.

Morphine actually turns into heroin into the body, and then the heroin turns back into morphine in the brain. Heroin skips that step, which is why it works quicker, and why it's more addictive.

Maybe the comparison isn't really that great because heroin and morphine are the same in the brain, while meth is actually a different compound from amphetamine. Certainly normal amphetamines usually don't cause the kind of destruction that meth does. However, I have an entire category for opiates, all the way from codeine to heroin, so oh well.

I was just pointing out that the difference between heroin and morphine is more than just a methyl group as you stated. Heroin is morphine with two acetyl groups added. It is indeed this process of acetylation which makes heroin far more potent.

I was just pointing out that the difference between heroin and morphine is more than just a methyl group as you stated. Heroin is morphine with two acetyl groups added. It is indeed this process of acetylation which makes heroin far more potent.

The difference between Dextroamphetamine and Dextromethamphetamine is a methyl group. I wasn't talking about the chemistry of heroin and morphine. Heroin is more addictive because it gets into the brain faster, so it can give people an intense "rush". Otherwise they generally have similar effects at a 1:3 dosage ratio.

The difference between Dextroamphetamine and Dextromethamphetamine is a methyl group. I wasn't talking about the chemistry of heroin and morphine. Heroin is more addictive because it gets into the brain faster, so it can give people an intense "rush". Otherwise they generally have similar effects at a 1:3 dosage ratio.

Just quoting your own words.

I voted for LSD, haven't taken it for over thirty years but still remember it well. I couldn't do it now anyway as it just takes too much out of you, definitely a youngin's drug.

I voted for LSD, haven't taken it for over thirty years but still remember it well. I couldn't do it now anyway as it just takes too much out of you, definitely a youngin's drug.

Unfortunately it's hard to find LSD in the states now. They busted one chemist who was producing it (and gave him like 200 years in prison) and it cut off over 90% of the supply. Shrooms are still pretty abundant, though. And you can go online right now and order DMT containing herbs.

Back