When the Levees Broke

and I added that as a disclaimer maine, that I didn't watch the movie... but you know what, ask yourself, do you think I would change my mind if I saw it?

Do you really think that?

I haven't seen it yet. I do have somewhat of a life. Even though I seem to be on this site 24/7...

It's all good. I'll see it later and then post the same opinion for ya.

and I added that as a disclaimer maine, that I didn't watch the movie... but you know what, ask yourself, do you think I would change my mind if I saw it?

Do you really think that?

no...I think that you do not change your mind....which brings to mind the Ben Franklin quote from fullpolitics.com:

"For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged, by better information or fuller consideration, to change opinions, even on important subjects, which I once thought right but found to be otherwise."

I have it set to tape on HBOHD on 8/29. Until then just assume I am making assinine jokes and feel free to ignore all comments on this subject. ;)

closed mind: no need to worry about silly stuff like new and better information....right grind?

and when was the last time YOU changed your mind on any significant maineman?

Shut the fuck up.. I have changed my mind on a multitude of things, gay marriage, the war, abortion, relgion, etc..

And I have changed my mind on things such as taxes... I want less of them than I did 3 years ago.

But the things of which I changed my mind on... are things that I re-evaluated from the perspective of my core beliefs.. namely, keeping the government the fuck out of people's lives. That has always remained solid and will never change.

I changed my mind on capital punishment when my college age son gave me an argument I could not refute. I changed my opinion of our president when he let OBL get away at Tora Bora....I changed my mind on what a great candidate Kerry was when he kept putting his foot in his mouth....

Grind has it all figured out and will never need to change his viewpoints, all at the ripe old age of 20 something ?

must shake you to the very core that people may have different convictions other than your own. Yeah, I am old enough to know that I am NEVER going to want the government putting it's nose in MY business.

I'm living it don't need HBO and spike

I live in New Orleans suburbs and work in New Orleans.
Thinking of Giving up HBO as I now have the NFL network and watch movies on DVD before they hit HBO.
It's actually way worse than Spike could possible portray. I can tell you his racism BS is exactly that.
Many rich upperclass white neighborhoods with million dollar home are just as demolished and remain just as unrepaired.

I live in New Orleans suburbs and work in New Orleans.
Thinking of Giving up HBO as I now have the NFL network and watch movies on DVD before they hit HBO.
It's actually way worse than Spike could possible portray. I can tell you his racism BS is exactly that.
Many rich upperclass white neighborhoods with million dollar home are just as demolished and remain just as unrepaired.

what percent of homes still in illrepair are the rich upperclass white neighborhood homes COMPARED to the areas demolished in the impoverished areas?

jimminee christmas top, didn't we already give 60 BILLION in RELIEF from our tax revenues?

where the heck did that money go?

care

Care4, almost the same % believe it or not.
I have friends at work that are starting to rebuild in the rich areas.
Actually the non-rich are much more do it your selfers. and could be further along. Contractor's are harder to find here than and honest politician.
Alot of the money went to pay police, fireman, Nagin & co and clean up, health care etc.
Nothing is rebuilt, MS is years ahead of us.
We lost over 200,000 homes completely though MS lost 25,000

Back